Thruster Color

Reaction score
    I don't see this suggestion anywhere, so forgive me if it exists...

I'd like to be able to select a light and make a set of thrusters emit the same color trail as the light I selected. This way we could have orange, white, or orange and white thruster trails.

Currently you can only select one color for the thrusters based on what light you link to the core.

I understand there's a difference in linking directionality here. Normally you'd select the system, and child a light to it to determine the coloration. The only way I can think of to get around this is to have a thruster controller and thruster ports in a parent/child relationship like weapons currently act. Then you could slave the light to the controller and change individual thruster trails by having multiple controllers. This might even be extended to allow some thruster tuning if we finally get directional thrusters, but that's probably beyond the scope of this request. I'm merely looking for a way to have multiple colored thrust plumes without having potentially problematic docked thrust modules.