Three Suggestions

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have read through the first five page and have found no suggestions similar to what I'm going to say. If there are existing topics, I apologize in advance.

1. Non-Animated blocks in Build Mode

On large ships, multiple animated blocks may cause FPS drop depending on the player's machine. For example, Power Block, Shields, Turret Docking Enhancers, etc.

Suggestion: Blocks become non-animated in Build Mode but resume animation when Build Mode is exited.

2. Different Purple Highlight for connected blocks

When many blocks are connected to a computer(AMC, Missiles, Beams, etc), the animated purple highlight can cause FPS drops. Problem can be avoided by turning off Wobble in Settings.cfg. However, this may create confusion as there will be no indication of whether a block is connected or not.

Suggestion: Replace animated purple boundary with static overall purple highlight. Does not necessarily need to be purple(as it may cause confusion for purple hull users).

Example:

3. Advanced Build Mode - Checkered Mode

In Advanced Build Mode, we can place more than 1 block at the same time, up to 10 x 10 x 10. It literally fills the 10 x 10 x 10 area with the selected block. However, the efficiency of this is reduced when building in a checkered fashion. For example, Checkered AMC + (random block) to prevent the Weapons Computer from recognizing them as 1.

Suggestion: Allow "Checkered Mode" for Advanced Build Mode. It could either allow the player to select 2 blocks for Checkered placement or allow the player to only use 1 block type while leaving the space between empty.

Additional option: Inverse Checker(Not really sure what's the correct term for this)

Clarification:

Checker

Inverse Checker