This is the game I've always wanted

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Hi all,

I stumbled upon this little gem a week or so ago, when I was trying out a similar (although far less polished) game called "Scrumble Ship". I've been playing Minecraft for around a year and about 6 months ago I decided to create a Star Trek world, complete with accurate 1:1 scale ships with working power systems. I've been using a combination of several mods which would have allowed me to create visually accurate ships and stations. Unfortunately, the limitations of MC meant that I couldn't actually fly the ships I wanted to make, to my eternal disappointment! They would just hang there in The End, looking pretty but not doing much. I once found some info on an upcoming mod that would add a space dimension, planetary invasions, dropships etc to MC, but it wasn't even close to completion and at best looked several years off.

And then I found this. You guys are incredible, you've actually pulled off something I wasn't even sure was possible. I've already bought this game as a show of my support, and I'm genuinely excited for its potential. You've made something I always wished MC could be. Kudos to you, you lovely lovely people!

P.S. if anyone is interested in what I had made in MC, the answer is not much! I made a Constitution refit back in 1.2.5, and in my current build (1.4.6 with around 100 mods) I have an old K-type station with attached drydock and a partially completed JJprise (just the saucer, it's scaled to the larger, non-canon verson so the saucer has a diameter of around 300m...that's a lot of blocks!). I also made a few fround builsings as a Starfleet Command-type complex. Early imaged of the station and buildings are here.

Thanks again!

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Welcome to the community, uberadiant! I\'ve had a bit of a similar story myself.

Years ago, I played Tribes 2, awesome game, and it had a ton of mods. There was one much like Gary\'s mod, and me and other folks on the server would build absolutely massive ships (One was around 8 kilometers long I think.) Only problem was they were basically made out of static shapes, and besides integrated power systems and long range bombardment from turrets and stuff, they were just for show.

I\'m glad you\'ve found Starmade, and I\'m sure the six dollars will buy a pair of cups of coffee for Schema to continue his caffiene-fuelled coding!