The ways the SM Faction Universe might go (WARNING DOOMSDAY SCENARIO)

Reaction score
    personally i think there should be more private servers with active admins, that way trolls/griefers would have very little chance to do anything and would hopefully give up and play properly or start annoying a differnet gaming community.

For example this \'Bradley\'.

my private server (SATURN) once had about 5 weeks of him constantly trying to damage server files, logging into other players accounts (by questionable means) and banning/admining other players (some genious decided to admin him and the 30+ names he whitelisted), the only way we got rid of him was to ignore him, when he logged in noone would acknowledge him, when he threatened (without action) to damage the files we ignored him, slowly he started giving up and moved onto a different server.

Zeveryn

The Devious Traitor
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    in all areas DFN would lose. they do not have the dedication nor organization to even get an assault together.
    Tartaran Empire is Organized in a way where Orders are followed and the Captains and citizens of TE.

DFN is a mess. And that is the one and only reason to why i do not like them. And saying different i can tell you i\'ve been to the DFN base so many times on Illusive and there are no Defences to be afraid of. nor a base in order. Havent been there in a while but i doubt it changed. Also the fact i never see a DFN member then Flying on.

Zeveryn

The Devious Traitor
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I disagree. We need fewer Servers with active Community. An active community does more to a server then admins ever will do. U can have a private server sure.. But you\'re only going to get as many members. and with that 5 admins? (just an example) there is no point, Greif is there and its part of the game. you cant escape it. There is no point in trying to remove it either. It just makes it more fun. Encourage Common sense and follow a few but strict set of rules, and keep the community to those set rules.

And greifing in game Versus an attempt to kill an entire server.

Ingame greif.. well if i kill your ship then i grief you. Since u put time and effort into it and i kill it = Greif.

\"Greif\" or hacking into a server is just annoying, But you know it happens, that is why you want to keep your password more then 12digits and Special letters/symbols, but all of you know about that already.

Anyway my point is there are to many servers and if you want a server with alot of action you need fewer servers but with FAR better stability then there is today. Makes a better community for everyone. Keep it to a few then to a many where everyone is spread out.

Reaction score
    Bradley\'s ships should be wrecked, and his base should be under siege by now, so unless he cheats or starts over, his time on illusive is over.

Reaction score
    There\'s always going to be war but I sincerely don\'t think this is a \"doomsday\" scenario. My faction is doing fine, Ridik\'s faction is doing fine, Saria\'s mercs doing fine, the DFN is doing fine. There are plenty of pirate groups and splinter factions that are honestly fairly stable.

StarMade, at the time, does not have the economy it will in the end. It\'s only in alpha, it\'s a constantly changing world. The StarMade we\'ll have in two years will be nothing like the StarMade we have today. What\'s going on now isn\'t doomsday: it\'s the opposite.

It\'s evolution.

As the game changes, so will factions. The factions leaders that are disbanding today will probably give way to even stronger leaders. Right now, the game is the survival of the fittest: the factions with the most loyal members, strongest connections, and best coordination will survive, not the ones with the biggest ships. This is a turbulent and wild era in StarMade history, but it\'s not the end of the world. It\'s the world growing, changing, and forcing those within it to adapt or die.

I will continue to fight to make my faction, The Lazarus Empire, and our allies, survivors of this era. And the next. All the way until we enter the full game, where I want to establish a true, permanent, redundant empire that will survive long past my departure from this game, which may be soon after or may be never. But to all other faction leaders: you have to build your faction to be redundant. Make it so personal failure will not bring it crashing to the ground. Make it so if one part fails, it wont bring the others down with it. Be adaptable. Be strict and demand respect, but show the greatest respect and attention to your members: make them feel appreciated and important. I talk personally even to new recruits who want to achieve greatness in the faction, and it has made my members respect me. Even though I ask for upmost respect, I have earned it among the men and women in our Empire. And I say our, because that\'s what it is. I created it, and I lead it, but it is the members that truly make it great.

Every faction leader should strive for that. Respect and loyalty from their members, and also towards them. They should build their ranks to be redundant, their infastructure and chain of command strong and reliable, their economy and industry in scale with their military. It\'s the best advice I can offer to anyone trying to survive this and the coming ages of struggle.

MrNature72, Emperor of the Lazarus Empire, signing out.

Reaction score
    I wonder if Schema is following what is going on in the faction forums... would he take favor in certain sides or would he just be watching to see what happens in the grand scheme?

He is our \"god\" in a way, does anyone wonder what he thinks about all of this war on and off the forums? I personally think he\'s for it sense he granted anti-matter weaponary to kill each other with, but what do ya\'ll think?

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    He gave us power blocks to give us energy, trust blocks to move, shields to combat pirates, power tanks to have more juice, and AMCs to defend our awesome ships... and missles to blow them all up. I think he wants fun and entertainment for everyone, but i dont think he wants people to take it so serious and well become frustrated and not play his game. I would assume he looks through the forums, to see how people like his game and to see the drama that he has created... as in the game. He may not pick sides, but he can have his favorites lol.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    we are wrking on the base right now. it has been neglected in sight of recent problems with greifers and trolls but we are getting back on track. the base is much better orginized (thanks to me and 1 or 2 other people staying up till 2-4 in the morning (EST).

Reaction score
    Greif is there and its part of the game. you cant escape it.

i disagree, i run a very popular building server and we have no griefing what so ever, even with the majority of the players having the use of admin commands (to spawn block for ship building)

Reaction score
    http://star-made.org/content/saturn-building-server

its a building server for those who dislike PvP and general public servers