The Shop Fairy came!

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Put this in the "weird" file, 'cause I don't know what to make of it.
    The shop module on my home station (which I added for buying ships and browsing block descriptions) is stocked with all kinds of stuff--which I didn't put there. And this is in a single-player (sandbox) environment so nobody else did either. If the Trading Guild restocked it, it's ironically the only shop I've ever noticed that they've restocked.

I don't know when it happened. I do notice that the shop does not seem to have any of the new blocks introduced in 0.15, so I assume it probably occurred before the upgrade.

Not really a problem, and hey I suppose it's free stuff even if I don't actually need it. Just spooky...

Reactions: Unnamed25

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    i have heard of the trading restocking playershops in SP sometimes, this could be what happened.

Reaction score
    I've had it happen on server before but it was quite a while ago.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    When Shops are set to be accessible by All, Traders do stop in from time to time :p Is nice for grabbing a few free blocks, but rarely happens.
    It's rarer for the Trading guild to restock in singleplayer because they are simply not loaded in when you arent there (or in a far off sector).

Also, you dont have to be in range of a shop to buy a ship o -o It just says that (I assume it was part of an old system)

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    Yeah that happens sometimes.

The trade guild's militant wing known as the 'shop faeries' visits good little shop keepers in peaceful zones. If they have a pure heart (and an open mind) they will gift you some random goodies from the shop faerie sack. You don't know when they showed up but you will remember their presence. With the presents imparted to the deserving they fly away in their glorious rainbow crystal ship. They quest for love, temperance and the occasional pirate who's swag they loot (postmortem of course) and then redistribute. Like some double reverse Robin Hood cyclone of death and prezzies. YAY!