The salvage cannon beams hurt my eyes

Reaction score
    So I made a ship that eats worlds with salvage cannons. But it's doing a serious number on my eyes. Like it hurts for real lol. Is there any way to make them less bright?

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Yes.

You can go into the Options screen and uncheck "Draw Beams"

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Did you even place a camera above the salvage modules to watch the salvaging from there? It helps a lot, trust me.
    You could of course just link them to a light. But having both really is the best option.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Did you even place a camera above the salvage modules to watch the salvaging from there? It helps a lot, trust me.
    You could of course just link them to a light. But having both really is the best option.
    Uh, I thought that salvage beams didn't take a light color.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    There's a Mod here. It will make beams rendered with simpler model, but they would be able to obtain color like cannons and missiles can.
    Personally, I just turn beams off and turn them on at rare ocassions. Placing a glass block in front of a camera supposed to neutralize beam rendering as well, so you can have cruise camera on top for flying around, and mining camera enclosed by glass in the middle of mining array, specifically for mining.