The *responsible* warhead rebalancing thread.

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    This is becoming one of those threads again.

Two things;

1) scanning has a recharge/cooldown. It doesn't matter if the sector bug is in place or not. A patient cloaker can easily bypass something that scans at a set interval; logic or no logic. So that idea is flawed. That's the reason for my idea in the first place.

2) no one has answered the question... or at least proposed a working solution to the potential abuse of cloaked suicide bombers.

If no one has a better idea, then a constructive thing to do would be to at least discuss the possibilities behind what has been presented; not argue about why they don't want to answer the question then sweep it under the rug like it wasn't worth answering. Unless you secretly want to be able to cloak-suicide-ram someone, I fail to see why a simple yes or no wouldn't suffice.

In any case, I suppose it doesn't matter. I'm learning a lot about this community by the way they handle disagreements.

Reaction score
    The solution: Forbid cloaking and the use of the "redo" function on warheads/ships with warheads. Docked warheads can still be cloaked, but you still have to drop them....and you're likely to get your cloaker hit when you deploy your uncloaked warhead munitions. At least there's some risk here. I must disagree with the idea of the whole docking chain losing cloak within a set radius of an enemy ship or station---if you think about it, that makes it impossible to attack any poorly defended station with a couple of turrets. Even at just something like 250 meters, it's still too easy to shoot down every torpedo.

I still want somewhat realistic scanning/cloaking/jamming mechanisms, based on emissions vs. detection capability of the scanner and active/passive scanner modes.

Reaction score
    Oh man it took me 4 bags of popcorn to finish this thread. My input is that Warheads shouldn't be the be-all end-all best weapon in the game, just something to, as Whammy said, "Scratch the paint" of the ship that usually would obliterate a smaller ship. Its also not OP. A titan usually has good turrets, so there is a very good chance of it getting shot down. but its the chance that the little guy might score a hit that makes him want to keep playing. The only chance of scoring a good hit on a titan at the moment is firing off a few of

or Lt. Fiere's torpedoes. the Mk137 (shown above) deals massive damage, but is unpractically large and expensive. Its also very hard to fit onto a ship that's not much more expensive
    Even if warheads do get a buff, it'll still take much more than 1 warhead to do any noticeable damage to a decently armored ship, which means it would still take some skill to make a decent-damaging torpedo, but it wouldn't be as large or as expensive.
    Thanks for reading,
    FireG0dz

Reactions: Dr. Whammy