The KAP Orca

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I've been working on my new cruiser, the Orca. It's rough shape is kinda battleship-y. Then I kinda went up from there lol. It's still not completed, but I thought I'd post some WIP pictures.

Reaction score
    Cool ship but do you know the cost of the ship ?

Did it have goods shields ?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I only have some of the shields and power that I intend to end up with... I\'ll update this topic with more info like that as I make more of the ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Does that mean it has flesh under that skin? That\'s both messed up and incredibly awesome.

Beautiful design so far, don\'t care bout stats, looks good. Do you plan on stretching the back or make a tail-ish addition over there? Right now it kinda looks chopped off. Just stretching and narrowing it a bit could change that feeling though, I think.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah I guess it does have flesh underneath. I hadn\'t thought of it that way lol... I mostly just used the under-hull and outer-hull so I could see when I had battle damage easily.

I do intend to put a tail on the back... right now it is pretty literally chopped off, it just ends in framework. Haven\'t quite started laying that area out yet, but will be soon.

Thanks for saying it looks cool, guys

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Now that I look back at it, once you\'re up to the finishing touches, you might want to consider using wedges a bit. Your curves are mostly lateral and so it\'d be easy to give it a smoother look without much trouble.

That\'s up to you, but I think when you\'re happy with the shape, you should give wedges a try. Keep us posted :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah, I kinda was thinking I\'d end up doing that.

Wedges are gonna be a lot of work though lol

Reaction score
    The Liir would be proud. Or horrified. One of those two.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I googled them after you mentioned them, very neat designs... I think I\'m gonna keep them in mind for inspiration. Thanks for telling me about them, I really like their aesthetic.

Reaction score
    There\'s a water block ingame so you could fill the interior crew spaces of a ship.