The Ice Cult

Blaza612

The Dog of Dissapointment
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    My idea is that there is another faction similar to the pirates, except they aren't spread out everywhere, they exist in a large number of neighboring systems. At some point, if there is a high amount of immigrants/defectors (http://starmadedock.net/threads/dynamic-galaxies-universe.6784/#post-96518 Check out my Dynamic Galaxies suggestion for info on immigrants/defectors) will create a sort of explosion where the ice cult will rapidly expand and cause as much damage as possible, as a sort of terrorist group. They worship Ice Crystals and any caught mining/owning them will be terminated on sight by them.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Personally I believe the game needs a system that any server operator can define the factions in the game. Everything from what ships they fly and how they act in combat, how much territory they control, how dense they claim space and how they act when you or other factions enter their territory. These setups could be exported as resource packs that anybody can install into their own game. You could easily download a star wars pack or star trek pack.

With a system like that in place your "Ice Cult" could be created but it's not a static element i think we need in the game. I don't even particularly care for the trade guild/ pirate dynamic myself.

Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    Personally I believe the game needs a system that any server operator can define the factions in the game. Everything from what ships they fly and how they act in combat, how much territory they control, how dense they claim space and how they act when you or other factions enter their territory. These setups could be exported as resource packs that anybody can install into their own game. You could easily download a star wars pack or star trek pack.

With a system like that in place your "Ice Cult" could be created but it's not a static element i think we need in the game. I don't even particularly care for the trade guild/ pirate dynamic myself.
    You know what? That would be great for the server I play on! That would be awesome... My server is somewhat star trek styled at the moment... It would be awesome if we could have different factions for each of the different cultures is star trek. (Federation, Romulan, Klingon, Borg, etc.)

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius

yes yes and YES

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2

I posted an almost identical idea a while back: http://starmadedock.net/threads/ai-factions-a-giant-ball-of-ideas.5324/

honestly, having as much control over AI factions as a server owner would be amazing.