The effects of Gravity?

Reaction score
    So, just out of curiousity, does changing gravity only affect the person who activated it, or does it affect everybody on the ship?

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Only the person that activates it.

Reaction score
    … which is also the reason why gravity cannot be triggered by logic circuits (only Area triggers/Activation modules)—player information is not propagated through logic.

Reaction score
    Cool. Good thing I got it attached to an activation. I tried at first using a step-on trigger, but that must be why it didn't work.

Reaction score
    I'm almost certain that it will work if you use the trigger to trigger an Activation module which in turn triggers gravity. At least that's what you have to do with Area triggers.
    (Contraptions deeper than that will most likely fail, however.)

Reaction score
    I'm almost certain that it will work if you use the trigger to trigger an Activation module which in turn triggers gravity. At least that's what you have to do with Area triggers.
    (Contraptions deeper than that will most likely fail, however.)
    That actually makes things more interesting.. Thanks! I'm just beginning with logic, so I'm just working small projects. :)

takethispie

Titan-class builder
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    … which is also the reason why gravity cannot be triggered by logic circuits (only Area triggers/Activation modules)—player information is not propagated through logic.
    wich really sucks :/

Reaction score
    An area gravity button would be fun and useful. Whoever is in the area when activated, has gravity. Suggested before, I'm sure.

Reaction score
    An area gravity button would be fun and useful. Whoever is in the area when activated, has gravity. Suggested before, I'm sure.
    Would be a lot better than having to fall out of the ship to escape its gravity. Maybe an area trigger would allow people to pass through a certain area to turn the gravity on and off, like at hanger door ways or door ways to escape pods.

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    You can have a gravity off switch, if the activation module switches from active to inactive. Maybe that can be used somehow.

Reaction score
    Would be a lot better than having to fall out of the ship to escape its gravity. Maybe an area trigger would allow people to pass through a certain area to turn the gravity on and off, like at hanger door ways or door ways to escape pods.
    It does. On my Malgar station (see community content) I surrounded the docking bays with area triggers. Players leaving the docking area would automatically switch to station gravity. The only downside is that upon entering the area you float until reaching ship gravity. Afaik you can't circumvent this, since, as I stated before, gravity can't be triggered by circuits.

Edit: Anyway. The sports car was talking about gravity affecting all players in range, which is different from auto-gravity.

Reaction score
    Edit: Anyway. The sports car was talking about gravity affecting all players in range, which is different from auto-gravity.
    Ah, gotcha. Though, I imagine a lot of people would be mad at me with area gravity, since I would be the jerk switching it on and off. :D