Techno beams fire direction

Reaction score
    I thought about this as soon as built my first ship and its impact upon game play.

With one arc of fire battles are basically head on affairs. Turrets address this somewhat but I would like to select the direction of fire. At the moment we all have similar configurations. Powerful long range weapons down the z axis of the ship, heavy armor up front and a few turrets to fend off smaller ships. This will lead to predictable battle scenarios.

If we can select the direction of fire I could come with something a bit different. A faster ship with heavy armor on the front. I point my guns in a broadside, sacrifice range and get in close. I realise you can do this with turrets but they stick out like a sore thumb. A nice sneaky broadside would be nice.

Th same applied when running away. Being able to protect the rear sector would protect against an easy kil.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    To make broadside things, rotate the arrays weapon PC to the direction you want to fire.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Th same applied when running away. Being able to protect the rear sector would protect against an easy kil.

Just fly backwards away.