Targeting Drones

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I been thinking that targeting drones would be nice to be able to make. But theirs on catch, how do you make your drones hostile to your own faction? This is what would be needed to make your unarmed targeting drones behave aggressively, and your turrets auto attack them. There needs to be a default generic "Targeting Drone" faction and a global option on faction blocks to set the faction block to this faction.

Alternatively

A "Set Hostile to All" option on the faction block would work for only one drone at a time. Otherwise the drones would be hostile to each other.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    An Antifaction setting on your drones for, what, target practice? Or for ship repair?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I was thinking target practice. Launch unarmed or poorly armed AI and let them attack you while you practice

Reaction score
    I'm assuming you don't have admin permissions so you can't just spawn a whole bunch in?

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I think that factions should have more than just one permission system.
    Ceasefire: Most of your faction assets are neutral, but some of your turrets in important sectors are hostile to your ceasefire-partner to prevent espionage.

So many uses...

But we need creativity to create a system which is easy to manage by players and not clutters up the diplomacy system.

Reactions: z1967 and Zedrackis
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I think that factions should have more than just one permission system.
    Ceasefire: Most of your faction assets are neutral, but some of your turrets in important sectors are hostile to your ceasefire-partner to prevent espionage.
    I like this, but I would expand on the idea. An AI block level option to be hostile to hostiles, hostile to neutrals, hostile to non-faction members, or hostile to all. Would allow us to do both my idea and NeonSturm's security idea. Its a seemingly simply addition to an existing block that would give us a lot of new flexibility.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    + hostile to player-hostiles
    + hostile to faction-hostiles
    ???

I like the Eve-Online concept here. You have a standing toward individuals, a faction the're in, their race, their attitude to the 4 big factions...

The standing between individuals is then dependent on all these factors - imagine 0 being nothing, 1 being everything and 0.5 being half of the possible value.

A turret would have a default attitude (how forgiving it is) of -1 to +1, a player attitude of +1 and an attitude to some faction - the player's by default, but possibly some pirate faction (you don't have to be in it, you can gift it to some faction this way).
    If you set -1, +1[fixed], -1 (default, player, faction), it will be (-2+1)/3=-0.33 toward you, thus attacking you.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    /spawn_mobs Target_Drone -1 10

I've been doing this forever to check to verify all my turrets are working, of course it needs admin commands. A setting in the Bobby AI to "act as hostile" might work for those who cannot simply spawn pirates