Take my ideas!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey so thanks for making this game the closest to what I've wanted from a voxel based game that I've seen yet! :D

Now take my ideas because I've wanted something like this for over 2 years now and have though about it quite a bit:

- space HUD with sensor derived data should only be based on what type of sensors a person is using, if no sensors they get no readings of coordinates or other objects in space

- ships should be built on special platforms crafted with specific materials

- ships should be required to have oxygen or some kind of atmosphere inside, maybe based on species

- customizable species with strengths and weaknesses, different sizes, etc.

- space anomalies to affect gameplay, like ion storms, singularities and nebulae

- nebulae move but extremely slowly

- various nebulae with different effects on players and ships, maybe corrosive or errosive

- planets or asteroids inside nebulas have storms based on the nebula type

- harsh planet types that can be inhabitable but only with certain attributes of a species, or special suits or lander crafts (would make a good hiding place in MP)

- planets have weather with frequency of weather events dictated by location (ie. near a sun, inside nebula or near singularity)

- have to mine all materials to build with or buy them

- coordinates are player based (option) since everything is relative in space, that way you can't broadcast the location of someone without a com-link with their ship. For instance, if you find a player at x-76, y-102, z-321, the coordinates will be different for other players. You should need to use map data modules to save your locations, so if you die and respawn you need to access it to get your saved coordinates back. Otherwise your relative coordinates are reset, and you'd either have to get new coordinates manually, buy them (maybe) or recieve them through com-links. This is very important in MP I think so that people can feel more secure about their base locations and will limit abuse by players. Space is unforgiving and nothing should be a walk in the park.

- ability to make control consoles on ships so you can have a crew, also ability to control all systems from one console if it's preferred

- expanding on atmosphere for species, some could breathe something like chlorine gas, making ships and planets filled with chlorine gas impossible for oxygen breathers to survive on without proper life support suits, also this would be a key reason to need sensors so you don't try to land on random planets to mine or do whatever without proper risk assessment.

That's just what I can remember off the top of my head. They might not all be feasible but I hope they get used to some extent. As for the coordinates system, in MP I think it's an important feature, if only optional for server owners. Take it from me because I was a notorious pirate on quite a few minecraft PvP servers, it's way too easy to just keep coming back or broadcast the coordinates of a person's base. In a game like this where things can get extremely expensive, protecting base coordinates will be fundamental. Any refining ideas are more than welcome too :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    1. I agree with this. Be patient. Alpha.

2. It\'s space. Build in space. I also think there was talk of a shipyard where ships were built.

3. Eh. I\'m not too big on a requirement that realistic.

4. That would require servers keeping a list of species selected along with catalog, objects in space, blocks placed/no longer there, and other things.

5. I like this one. All we have are stars that if you get too close, you burn away your ship.

6. There is a rotation of planets, stations, asteroids, etc.

7. The stars that burn.

8. This is still early alpha. schema has a whole laundry list of things to implement.

9. I\'ve never actually needed to land on a planet. Just hit it\'s orbit and mine the planet.

10. This would probably break servers.

11. I don\'t understand this. Are you saying things would be locked until we build them?

12. If everything is relative in space, how are you expected to find a specific point in space?

13. Just have people using the weapons/salvage/missile/technobeam computer. Should only be one pilot anyways. And if you are by yourself, you control everything anyways.

14. We\'re all in spacesuits apparently. Astronauts and all.

15. Home bases cannot be damaged/salvaged. A well defended base should have no problems surviving and if it can\'t, then it should be salvaged. The Law of Space.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Bascily, think of this. Say someone has a 3x3 or 5x5 ect engine, but don\'t like the look of it all being separate. Maybe they could hit a key on all the engines, or just one in the middle, and make the textures combine into on large engine :D

Also, ship corridors maybe? o-o

Perhaps alien intruders!