Symmetry Screwups

LunaIsBestPony

token ruskie
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    If you're anything like me and have ever forgotten to activate your symmetry planes on a symmetrical ship you're building, then you've experienced the frustration in having, well, half of or a quarter of or a eighth of whatever you're building, be it a station, a ship, or a minor detail.

Then you go through the agony of deleting and replacing every single block that you've already built to restore your structure to being symmetrical.

Wouldn't it be useful to have a nice little button that automatically mirrors everything you've built in one area along your activated symmetry planes? It's similar to the copy paste tool, but unlike it in that you don't have to go through the hassle of selecting the area you want to copy, spinning it around, and then finding the right place to put it in.

You just press the button, and it automatically fills in the areas that would have been filled had you remembered to turn on symmetry.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yup, I know I at least have made this request before as well.

Nothing sucks like spending an hour or two crafting a finely honed masterpiece, only to find out mirror mode wasn't turned on and now you have to do it all again.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    there is,its called copy/paste. increase you copy/paste area..copy that half you built,and paste at the exact same spot it was built on,dont delete anything,just literally paste that ghost image there. and if you have symmetry plane turned on,it will mirror it on the other side.
    If you think that will cause too much lag,well it would be a same thing with your suggestion probably because it would try to calculate/spawn all those same blocks on the other side

Reaction score
    there is,its called copy/paste. increase you copy/paste area..copy that half you built,and paste at the exact same spot it was built on,dont delete anything,just literally paste that ghost image there. and if you have symmetry plane turned on,it will mirror it on the other side.
    If you think that will cause too much lag,well it would be a same thing with your suggestion probably because it would try to calculate/spawn all those same blocks on the other side
    This

While i would really like new features/options for advanced build mode, i dislike the idea of having multiple tools doing the same thing. Exspecially since i love the simplicity of the current tools (symmetry/save-load-copy-paste) and how you can combine them for
    And even if implemented i can't imagine how the requested afterwards-symmetry-tool should work differently from the way you can utilize and combine symmetry and copy paste just now.

I really feel like people truly underestimate the power of copy pasta.