Swtich A/D and Control functions.

Reaction score
    At the moment, it is a pain to roll your ship, especially if you don't have a conventional mouse. It requires holding down control while you move your mouse. Not only is this a pain, but it is kind of unconventional and counter-productive.

I propose that you switch A and D to roll, and hold down Control/A or Control/D to strafe. As well as moving the mouse while Control is down to strafe in all directions. This would require less hand movement, and would not make it harder to move, as the mouse already controls steering.

Reaction score
    I believe Z and X also roll, if you\'re not comfortable with using the Control+Mouse combo.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    problem is C right after Z and X and if you hit that while trying to reposition, your craft gets realinged with the universe ><

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I like it the way it is. It makes the most sense IMO

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I bind my roll keys to Q and E(I got Kerbal Space Program hands, so it feels pretty natural) and bind up and down to Space and ShIft, then I bind what was on THOSE back to x and c. It\'s pretty dramatic change but the controls for this game are pretty wonky to start with. I can see the logic behind most of them but it\'s still very different from anything else i\'ve played. not that that\'s stopped me playing many hours.

Reaction score
    I changed my controls to the same as I used in Evochron. Q and E are forward and back, WASD are my strafe keys, X and C are roll with Z as reposition (feels more natural, I kept accidentally hitting reposition when it was C).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    \"It requires holding down control while you move your mouse. Not only is this a pain, but it is kind of unconventional and counter-productive. \"

Wait, what?! It is easily the best way to roll..

Vii

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I would really appreciate the option to assign each axis to of ship movement to whatever you want. Personally i would profer the mouseX to always roll, and the Y to remain pitch. I can use a and d to yaw, and hold control to strafe. And then for those that want to assign other ways, the option would be made available to them with mouse control menus.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It requires you to roll in several jerking motions instead of smoothly as a button press would, and it means you can\'t aim your guns while rolling. In fact, if I shoot while rolling my shots kind of go all over the place.

How do I change the controls to this game? I\'d like to use HabNab\'s scheme