Supply and Dema- er, I mean Drain

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    I need information!

Do drain beams "transfer" shields/energy to your craft? Do they require energy to activate? Can AI use them? Can things be slaved to them?

(example: sticking 5 blocks on a turret, will the AI use that beam in battle to drain shields from enemies to replenish its own?)

What is the rate per block? How short is the range? Do they have a visual firing animation? Can you color it? Does it increase linearly or quadraticly or logarithmicly with blocks added? I can't find anything on redit or the wiki! :(

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    AI doesnt use them
    you cant slave them
    you cant color them
    power usage scales
    both beams transfer. drain takes frm target and gives to you. supply gives to target and takes from you

(pm me if you want further details on my past experiments with them)

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    You can't slave them to things, but they do work as a master system.

Reaction score
    Well, you could hook a transfer computer to a clock and mount it facing forward and the AI will point at the closest enemy, so you could have an AI controlled turret (but it would be on all the time. :p)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Well, with wireless logic access in the next version you'll be able to turn it on/off more readily

But the shield drain beam is incredibly effective, I find. It continues to drain the targets shields even if your own are fully charged. Supplying it with enough power is the biggest issue.