Super slow AMCs?

Reaction score
    Okay, so, I've started playing starmade again (after buying it, yay!) and it's been a while (the last time i played, planets were flat and there was no procedural background. i think about 6 months ago.). Anyway, i started playing today and decided to make (another) youtube video series thing... and i've already got a few done (not uploaded)... btu as i was making my tutorials, i noticed that no matter how many AMCs i put together, it does more damage but fires slow as hell. back when i used ot play, i could take out pirate bases with a simple no armor fighter with small shields (for stray shots) and a lot of thrusters and power, and 20 AMCs in a straight line. Now, it's like shooting a Barrett 50. cal (although tbh much more powerful), but manually loading each bullet without a magazine (if that makes any sense). Is there something special now? because i pressed T to look at some of the weapon stuff and all i could do was assign keys, no weapon customization.

Reaction score
    Man thats super annoying... is there a config setting to set it back to the way it was?
    or is it gonna stay like this forever Q_Q

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Man thats super annoying... is there a config setting to set it back to the way it was?
    or is it gonna stay like this forever Q_Q
    This is how it is going to be, forever. It's a more customizable more balanced system. The old system was full of exploits and the sliders were not balanced at all. You could trade ROF for damage and the DPS wouldn't stay constant.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    I liked the way AMC's were before the update, not "nerfed to the ground".

Reaction score
    Now you have to use twice as many blocks to get semi-similar effects. My ships were never very big to begin with, and the new system means I need to double up the AMCs and split them between 2 computers just to get a reasonable fire rate. The AI ships are farily speedy, considering, and the fire rate of AMCs along with the inaccuracy of the crosshair make targeting and landing shots that much more difficult.

I have a "cruiser" (by my standards, 64L, 9W, 9H) with 3 weapon systems, main gun being like 80AMCs + 60AMCs + 60 piercing, and I couldnt destroy a simple AI ship because the fire rate was too slow and didn't do enough damage to beat the shield. At the same time, however, he couldn't touch me either for a similar reason. My shields I guess were too strong.

There is still a lot of balancing that needs to be done with the new weapon system.

On another semi-related note. Is there a chart somewhere that details exactly how much damage an AMC does and how much each additional block adds? It would really help when designing my weapon systems to get them to the damage output I want.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    I liked the base system the way it was before, medium rate of fire with low, but not ridiculously low, damage.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I love the new system, it just needs some tweaks. Before everything just was a high damage machine gun but now there is some variety in the mix, top that with the effects system. Why would anybody want how it was. Now it most definitely needs balancing. Before the update my primary strike fighter did 2108 DPS and could maintain fire for quite a while, not indefinitely but long enough to kill it's targets. Now this fighter does 300 DPS and can only maintain fire for a very limited amount of time. The power:damage ration needs to seriously be looked at. I think it's 10E for for every point of damage.

Reaction score
    Okay so i've played with the new system for a few days (not im understanding why more people like it, even though setting up the dual system is annoying as hell), but it takes up a shit ton of space. seriously, i want to make a shotgun amc config for my first mother ship and the guns need to be 2x bigger than i planned because of the new system xD

Reactions: Unnamed25

TheBlueThunder

Algorithm of hacks
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    To make AMCs really fast at firing you need another AMC computer as a support.
    Main weapons computer + Support weapons computer = gatling gun firing speed
    But you need to make sure the amount of arrays of the main weapons computer is less than or equal to the amount of arrays of cannons of the support weapons computer.

ex:

Main computer
    first array = 3 blocks high, 3 blocks wide and 10 blocks long
    Second array = same as the first array
    Support computer
    first array = 4 blocks high, 4 blocks wide and 10 blocks long
    Second array = same as the first array

Sorry that I don't have a picture or a video to show you how.
    And you can change this example any way you like smaller to bigger or more arrays as you like.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Okay so i've played with the new system for a few days (not im understanding why more people like it, even though setting up the dual system is annoying as hell), but it takes up a shit ton of space. seriously, i want to make a shotgun amc config for my first mother ship and the guns need to be 2x bigger than i planned because of the new system xD
    Guns are only as big as you make them, You don't have to double the weapon size to get a shotgun, replace some of the AMCs with the D1000s.