Sun causing problems

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    So, im getting fairly annoyed that a good 8 or 9 ice planets im trying to get too are out of my reach, because wvehener i try and fly towards them, i start losing parts and taking damage without the shields responding.. ive been told its because of the sun, but the fact that i couldnt figure that out on my own with troubleshooting is very bothersome, since the first time it happend, i had no idea my ship was slowly being deleted (along with a couple full chests) untill i went into build mode and saw i was missing a good 200 blocks. it would really be nice if there was an indication that the sun was damaging you, so i can at least turn around quickly instead of losing more then half my ship, and 9/10ths of all my things. if this issue is adressed, ill buy the game and donate to show my appreciation.

Zenon333

Reaction score
    I dont think that ever happened to me... the first time i played this, i built a crappy little ship and decided to fly right into the sun. when i did i died but i didnt think to look at my ship... i will test this to see if its true or u were secretly being thrift shopped (someone in ur ship taking everything)

Reaction score
    It\'s supposed to happen that way. The Sun is a gaint ball of boiling lava hot melting radiating that even the strongest toughest ship can\'t survive. Realistically speaking of course.

That\'s sorta how it\'s implimented into the game as well. Don\'t go near the Sun and you won\'t have any more problems.

Their team only consists of two people at the moment, so there isn\'t a whole lot that can be done. If anything this will go on the list as an (potential) review. The indication that the sun is doing damage to you is a nice suggestion however. A Warning that flashes telling you that you are too close to the sun.

The only thing wrong with the sun now is the glaring effect from it\'s new look. It shines through foliage and glass, so it\'s especially annoying on a planet of a ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Stars do cause damage, and ignore youe shields, your best bet is to stay away from them. If you need to access a planet over the other side, go around. Stay out of the stars sector

\"If you fly into stars, you\'re gonna have a bad time.\"

Reaction score
    well... my ship did start to decay but i was kinda close to the star maybe like 1500m out from it. so if u werent that close to the star then u were probably getting shot at or someone stealling ur parts... only explanations i could come up with :-? :-/

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Soooo... could someone explain to me why heat from explosions from missiles doesn\'t go through shields while a sun that\'s at a decent distance does?

I think at least at the start it should only affect shields.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i think it would be a nice idea if there was some sort of \'sun shield\' block that gives you immunity to stars for a short ammont of time.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    in star trek they had shields to protect them so they need to implement that into the game with a sun sheild or something