Suit-craftable solar panel

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I posed about this in an earlier thread, http://starmadedock.net/threads/astronaut-from-no-gear-to-a-ship-is-impossible.8062/ but this is a little more specific.

The astronaut needs a way to craft a power source to prevent being stranded and unable to power a factory. So, I suggest either a solar panel, or solar powered factory. Crafting a solar panel would require both crystal and alloy mesh ( 20 crystal, 5 alloy makes sense to me), and provide 5 to 1 units of power when exposed to the sun (Depending on which orbital ring it is in). Pretty simple, but it would provide enough power to run a factory long enough to craft more useful power cores.

This would make a survival mode of game play possible as well: Astronaut starting position on a randomly picked unvisited world, with no gear, just an undeathinator and perhaps parts of a damaged crashed ship on the surface (salvaging would only produce scrap). You'd then have to build your own ship from nothing. Being able to craft a solar panel at least would make this possible. The other option would be a hand crank generator you'd have to hold the fire or "use" button down to make work, which would be a good substitute for not having a power beam :P

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Just being able to craft power reactors from inventory would work too, but i agree, for servers where you drop all items on death, there needs to be another option