Suggestion

Reaction score
    Ok you all know the AI unit right? Well i think that should be for turrets only, then make something like the BI unit or whatever. But the BI would control ships. So you set it in the ship and you hook it up to your mothership. You can set it to: Defencive or Offensive. Defencive will go around your ship and if 1 bullet is shot at your ship, the defencive ship locks onto its target and shoots any weapon it had. But the reload still goes into play. Now offencive will do the same thing as devensive and circle around the ship except that when an enemy ship come into range it gets on target. For the main ship control though you can have only 1 defencive and 1 offencive connected to a ship. Both those types of ships follow the ship the main is docked to if its docked, but they do not do action for the ship being docked to. the ships fight untill they die where you have to wait 2-3 minutes or untill your out of combat to replace it.

Reaction score
    AI stands for Artificial Intelligence, so what does BI stand for?

*defensive

there are no bullets currently in the game

Now for your suggestion:

I think your basic idea is good, BUT

1) as you described there is no difference between the offensive and defensive ship, since if an enemy ship comes in range it will shot you, so the defensive will also react the same way as the offensive only slower

2) for the AI problem I think there should be a new ship category, somethink like \'unmanned\', it would have a special core, and the players would be unable to use it, except build mode

3) to controll the ship(s) you would need some kind of AI(new block) on your ship/station, which you need to connect them, and also some enhancer depending on the size/number of the ship(s)

4)there should be a range for these ships, and if they reach it they shut down(, and can be manually reactivated to go back to base, or something), the ships wont leave the control zone by default

5) there should be these options for the ships:

-patrol, going around in a large area around the command box(, or maybe following set waypoints), and attacking enemies, but dont chase them after they left the area

-defend, circling around/staying in a small area around the command box, and when the attached object approached by enemy units they attack them but dont chase

-attack, attacking the selected target, chasing it, until its destroyed or the signal is lost

by default they would be set to \'defend\', and I think this should be done like with the weapons computer, each ship, has its own slot where its stance could be set, and the ones set to attack would be assigned to a number like, and launched with lef click like weapons.

*I dont know if it would be better if the range was predetermined or could be extended with enhacers, if it should be using energy, and if should then how much.

**Also i think a new AI should be introduced because the current one is dumb, my battleship just got attacked by a pirate fighter, it barely got the shields...

Reaction score
    i think that even better and idk Maybe RI robot inteligence?

Reaction score
    That would be still artificial :D

but current AI is called Bobby AI, so just lets name it something else like \'John\', this way we would have a lot of specific AIs, but also if the Bobby unit would be capable of handing all then we would only need one

Reaction score
    can you change the topic for something like \'unmanned vehicles\', because it seems noone beesides us opened this topic