Rejected suggestion to fix a sh*t load of lag and fps drops.

how fast ya think?

• already rejected

Votes: 11 78.6%
    • 5 minutes

Votes: 1 7.1%
    • 10 minutes

• 30 minutes

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • 1 hour

• 2 hours

• 1 day

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    how to fix alot of lag and fps drops:

i got this suggestion from a friend that made a game too (something like flappybird but different)
    rewrite the whole game into a diffrent language.
    java uses your processor, making your processor almost able to make sum fried eggs.
    rewriting it into a language that uses your video card would fix alot. together with lag and fps drops fixed you get rid of annoying whiners :P

also for the readers, vote how fast this suggestion will be rejected.
    for the take everything serious people: this ain't serious.
    for whiners: this is why they can't fix most of the problems.
    for the burners: i don't care if you burn meh, i no have spelling control on.

this was just to compromise with that guy that made a thread whining about bug fixes and speed.
    oh and non of this is offensive, just a lil lesson

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    There should apparently be some optimisation in the next update along with fauna and shipyards.
    Hopefully we will also get some fixes for the rail collision checks.

Also, you are being very hostile towards Schine with comments like that, saying that this thread will be removed like that.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    There should apparently be some optimisation in the next update along with fauna and shipyards.
    Hopefully we will also get some fixes for the rail collision checks.

Also, you are being very hostile towards Schine with comments like that, saying that this thread will be removed like that.

nununununu i was more like being hostile to the community than schine, i totaly understand schine even if i don't.
    i am always backing than (well almost always) i luv them. i can't be hostile to a team that makes the game i like, that would be egoistic.

about the rails collision, yea i hope so too, mostly the roto part is a bit buggy if it comes to collision.

ps it was a lesson for the community

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    nununununu i was more like being hostile to the community than schine, i totaly understand schine even if i don't.
    i am always backing than (well almost always) i luv them. i can't be hostile to a team that makes the game i like, that would be egoistic.

about the rails collision, yea i hope so too, mostly the roto part is a bit buggy if it comes to collision.

ps it was a lesson for the community
    Fair enough

Reactions: HolyCookie
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Schine Defence Force has been deployed on thread

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    To be serious for a post or two, I actually wish the game had been written in C++. It's a lot more efficient. MCPE is written in C++, which is why it gets performance comparable to Java (PC) Minecraft even though it runs on a phone. Oh well. I guess I just need to build a gaming computer to tank Java's steep resource demands.

I don't really blame Schema, though. Considering he was the only coder for a long time, and now he is chief of only three, Java made sense. It makes a programmer's job a lot easier and faster. I like the language myself. I just don't like the fact that it's an interpreted language, which makes it perform worse. On the bright side, the Java Virtual Machine makes Mac and Linux compatibility a lot easier, and we might not have a Mac or Linux version yet if it weren't for Java. (Schema only has to release one program instead of three or more for different operating systems.)

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    To be serious for a post or two, I actually wish the game had been written in C++. It's a lot more efficient. MCPE is written in C++, which is why it gets performance comparable to Java (PC) Minecraft even though it runs on a phone. Oh well. I guess I just need to build a gaming computer to tank Java's steep resource demands.

I don't really blame Schema, though. Considering he was the only coder for a long time, and now he is chief of only three, Java made sense. It makes a programmer's job a lot easier and faster. I like the language myself. I just don't like the fact that it's an interpreted language, which makes it perform worse. On the bright side, the Java Virtual Machine makes Mac and Linux compatibility a lot easier, and we might not have a Mac or Linux version yet if it weren't for Java. (Schema only has to release one program instead of three or more for different operating systems.)
    if they'd say sure let's re-write it, i'd totaly be in for it, but that's like making a whole new game :(
    i rather wish some crazy guy invented a language converter, converting java in whatever you just said, and whatever you just said into java.
    but that's too much to wish most likely

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    if they'd say sure let's re-write it, i'd totaly be in for it, but that's like making a whole new game :(
    i rather wish some crazy guy invented a language converter, converting java in whatever you just said, and whatever you just said into java.
    but that's too much to wish most likely
    there is a cross converter between C/C++ and java, however I believe if the compilation goes from java to C/C++ the resulting program is full of memory leaks.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    there is a cross converter between C/C++ and java, however I believe if the compilation goes from java to C/C++ the resulting program is full of memory leaks.
    Yeah, I would expect memory leaks, and probably other mayhem as well.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I believe the answer is No, unless I'm reading that wrong.