suggestion for advanced ship building (really needed)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    i think all who are building ships will like my suggestion :)
    It would be nice to have an option in advanced ship building what you could toggle on or off with hotkey...
    Okay the suggestion is that you could add something like reflecting building, like when you build something on right on ships (core side) the same automaticly builds on left side. i think it would be a great thing for advanced building, and goodbye to old stupit mistakes While building ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Symmetry, yeah I agree that its though to keep large ships symmetrical but to don\'t want half of the ship built for me. not unless its with pre fabs I made my self. that being said if the prefab could be rotated like current individual blocks can be then symmetry would be far easier to attain while requiering you to be creative with prefabs.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    well i meant to say symmetry but i forgot the word, (english is not my native language) so i tried to explain it with different words :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    what are prefabs? And i think only miror image of it [only image not a real block] is harder to be coded. (tried to make a mod for minecraft with simetry building that it would make a mirror image what is not a ral block, well i failed so i made it that it builds symetricaly the same thing

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I\'m not sure if this is a good idea... it could be mirroring structures having the core as the center, so people don\'t clone blocks everywhere (like mirroring twice the ship beyond the actual ship\'s wings).

But this is not a \"design\" game where making epic builds is just a matter of spawned/self placed blocks. Else we\'d already have an editor to spawn any shape and stuff.

Maybe we could have such game version, but making it so the builds there are not exportable ? :P

Reaction score
    I think it would be nice if there was something like a sort of outline on the opposite side, not addign the blocks for you, but showing where they are mirrored, that way you still have to place the blocks yoruself, but you don\'t have to do counting in yoru head all the time

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It could help.

I\'m ok with the realistic way though, it\'s also good for the brain :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    a thing that would make it 1,000,000 time easier to build ship or stations is like a world edit like building GUI where you select 2 opposing corners that in that area you can instantly place the block you are holding this would make it much easier to make very large stations and very long ships

Also i am very excited about this game i really enjoy this game and the more building capabilities the better

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    and not so much about building them, so the quicker we can get from designing to flying the better. You should be limited only by your resources, not your time

Reaction score
    Your all stupid, SYMMETRY IS IN THE GAME ALREADY! Hold control and it lets you add a plane of symmetry to yoru ship, at which point any block you build on one side is replicated on the other, its BEEN in it for quite awhile. Learn to tutorial man.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Something that could work really well in this game is the Schematica mod that\'s in Minecraft, if someone could make an equivalent here.

Essentially, it lets people take a design and project a virtual hologram version of it in mid-air, with a list of materials and blocks needed to build it, layer by layer. Of course, in Starmade this would be impossible as the connected systems could be too complicated to represent like this, but it could speed up people into having a ship design they like on all servers and thus getting right into the flying, without cheating any more than technically doodling the design they like on a piece of paper.

Although I guess this is kind of a moot idea what with the catalog system that I don\'t fully understand yet allowing ship uploading somehow.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Wow

Your all stupid, SYMMETRY IS IN THE GAME ALREADY! Hold control and it lets you add a plane of symmetry to yoru ship, at which point any block you build on one side is replicated on the other, its BEEN in it for quite awhile. Learn to tutorial man.

Learn to read dates. You\'re replying to a 5-month-old post insulting them for features that weren\'t even included in the game at that time.