Suggestion: Categories for Suggestion Section

Reaction score
    Half a week after the new website launched, the Suggestions section already has three pages with 56 topics, and climbing. At this rate, within a few months it could easily expand to hundreds of pages! :eek: StarMade has quite a vocal community with a lot of ideas to share, after all! :D

To help curb issues with sorting all this player input in the future, I think it would be a good idea to add some sub-categories to the Suggestions section. This would make it much easier to find specific topics of interest, for both Devs and Players.

You don't want to break it up TOO much... just something to cover some basic/general categories (maybe something like Armor and Shields, Weapons, Power & Propulsion, Docking, NPCs, Shops & Planets, UI & Game Features... that's prolly too many, but it at least gives the gist of the idea... I'm sure someone can suggest something better :p)

Reaction score
    It would be a pain with the categories, as no matter what you set them to you would no doubt get a ton of things that fit in multiple categories, and a ton in the wrong categories.

What should be added is a way to switch the ordering from recent content to most highly-rated.

Reactions: z1967 and Jaaskinal

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I feel that, in part, the flood of posts are because of the new forums. We are transferring things over. Drawing a linear projection predict the community in the future is a bad practice and does not reveal much.

Reaction score
    Probably the best way to do it would be to divide it up into two sub forums (and another two sub-forums)
    -Game suggestions (the posts already in the section would have to be moved or deleted)
    -- mechanic (something brand new that does not currently exist)
    -- content (fancy stuff that relies on existing mechanics)
    -forum suggestions (making the website better)

Just how I would divide it up to make it easier to navigate. Also make a sticky section for the suggestions that have been considered or noted by the devs/forum devs. Just so that we don't get a million FTL threads :rolleyes:...