Suggesting Docking Changes

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello all,

I would like to propose a change to the current docking system. How about the ability to move the docking "box" relative to the core. I have a few ships with the core towards the front that end up wasting space because the core lines up with the module, and the docking box and by extention the module must be a bit back from the wall to let the box fit.

Reaction score
    I would have to agree, I think it would be nice if we could choose how the the child ship docked to the parent. If there was another element, like a docking receiver or something that aligned with the docking module, I would prefer it like that. The docking receiver would also act as the handler for the docking beam, instead of the core.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    A Docking Reciever would be amazing, and help out a lot with some of the current problems. Another idea I had was that adding Docking Enhancers would, instad of changing the shape depending on the placement, give you \"stat points\" of a sort that you could use to make the Docking cube your own shape, without having to make lines of enhancers for big ships. The point menu would be like all the weapons systems, with each enhancer giving a set amount of points, and you can put the points either into height, width, or lenght to shape it.