sub-server possibility

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I don't have much knowledge about servers and stuff, but I have this idea to fix lag on servers, making them local sub-server lag.
    the idea is that you can assign systems to a sub-server and that the left over will be part of the main server.
    I don't even know if this is possible without a load screen, but I do know this reduces overall lag.
    now this sounds like a suggestion to just buy a better server, but sub-servers are cheaper than upgrading your server to an even expensiver and better server. by using sub-servers, you would contain lag from e.g. planet mining limited to 1 server.
    situation example:
    a server has 4 sub-servers, there are 25 players
    5 in each sub-server and 5 in the main server. somebody in sub-server 1 decides to mine a planet, the stupid guy. instead of him lagging 24 players, he will now only lag 4 players on that sub-server

I'm not totally known with this subject, so don't be to hard on me if i say something ridiculous.

Reactions: Blaza612

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I had a thought about this awhile back. I don't think its something that should be in the default game, but I expect the modding API will make it very possible.

Reactions: HolyCookie