Streamline Brown/Brown Advanced Armor production.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Currently, three different colored materials (Paints, then metal ingots) are needed to upgrade brown hull... Could someone please, PLEASE reduce this to one thing... orange, perhaps? I know that it isn't fully realistic, but it would make things more fair. Right now on EE I'm using brown hull I had from before the blueprint update, otherwise I'd have given up using brown hull for anything by now and just used gray or something since setting up the factories for brown is a bit ridiculous.

Reactions: Mariux and Thalanor
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Coloured hull is hard to make, I think Coloured hull should only need capsules and what grey hull needs to upgraded

Reactions: Mariux
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    How about a recipe for brown paint? Blue, yellow and red in a basic factory yields 3 brown.

Reactions: Mariux

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    As a shipyard that uses brown hull as one of three colors, I agree wholeheartedly.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I find it easier to get 10000 units of three different materials than getting 30000 units of a single resource type.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    All we should need to make colored hull over grey hull is the paint. It doesn't make much sense that brown hull is more expensive than every other hull type. We should also be able to "paint" hulls at any point so if you have a ton of grey advanced armor you can throw it into a factory with some paint and convert it to the color you desire.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    It doesn't make much sense that brown hull is more expensive than every other hull type.
    I love it when people discuss things they have now clue about. Brown hull does NOT require more resources. Instead of 3 identical paints they require 3 different ones, and instead of 6 identical capsules/ingots they require 2 of 3 different types.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I love it when people discuss things they have now clue about. Brown hull does NOT require more resources. Instead of 3 identical paints they require 3 different ones, and instead of 6 identical capsules/ingots they require 2 of 3 different types.
    No, it doesn't require MORE raw resources, but it requires a bunch of different types, which overcomplicates setting up factories and requires more different sources than making any other type... so it's harder to make.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    No, it doesn't require MORE raw resources, but it requires a bunch of different types, which overcomplicates setting up factories and requires more different sources than making any other type... so it's harder to make.
    Standard/advanced brown armor requires Hital, Threns, and Zercaner ore. You need these anyway if you use cannons, missiles and damage beams, for example.