Strange Docking/Firing Turret

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    Hello everyone, I just started a forum account so that I could get either help or advice on what I can do here. So my problem is I had a turret that is docked to my ship Vertically and what is happening is the docking lines seem to be overlapping as seen in one picture and what even more strange is the direction it fires. If you look at one of the core view images you can see that even though the ridicule is aiming at the ship the actually place the missiles will go are to the top right of the image. I took some more screenshots of the direction the missiles are going after fired despite where the turret is aiming. Now something to mention is how the turret is actually docked onto another ship that's being used as a damage plate of somewhat to absorb damage away from the parent ship and then the ship is docked to my parent ship.

Something like this:

===^+ <-- Turret
    ------------ ------------T------------------------ <-- Separate ship for damage absorbing which turret is docked to
    =================T============ <-- Parent ship that Plate is docked to.

Extra Details*

Missile, Beam Slave, Ion Effect

Turret*

So Hopefully someone in the community would know what I could to fix this issue or even tell me if this concept would actually work since I don't know if a Docked ship's turrets would work or not?

Attachments

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Ah, I had that problem before. It's a combination of a bug and a feature I think?
    The bug has to do with chaindocking (docking a turret to a ship docked to another ship), and mostly happens because the 2nd ship (the platform) is sideways in relation to the mainship, but the docking box appears to be 'upright', because it is on the "top" of the platform, and the box is placed relevant to the main ship for some reason.
    The missiles fire at random angles because you are aiming at the main ship, because hitting your own ship would damage it or docked entities around it. So missiles are just deflected off at a angle.

All in all, its a graphical bug and a anti-hitting-your-own-ship feature. Nothing major.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    Ahhh ok well that's good to hear, sucks I how it may look but long as it's still functional then im happy. Thank you for your time and effort in your reply and I hope this thread can help others experiencing this bug. So all in all the turret Ai should work normally correct?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Turret AI should, so long as the bugs were fixed. Back when I was playing around with it, the turrets' rotations were also bugged, and they were turning as though they were docked upright (since that is how they are docked to the 2nd ship).

Best way to check is to go single player and spawn a pirate with no weapons, make sure the turrets don't roll back into the ship instead of looking up or down. I haven't actually played in a bit, so I don't know if it was fixed since way back then, but it should be by now.