Storage: Set Pull to Contents

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Okay, we all know that setting up comprehensive auto-pulls for things is a nightmarish task, but just had an idea that could make it far, far simpler.

What about simply having a button for "Set Auto-Pull to Contents"? As in, whatever is currently in the storage, it will set the auto-pull to those items. You want to make a hull storage with auto pull? Just put one of each hull piece in the box, and set the auto-pull to "Contents", and have it automatically set the pull for everything currently in the box. Give it a number option to pull just like Pull All, and setting up your sorting boxes goes from hours and hours to about 2 minutes.

Reactions: RoyalWolfe

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I think this has been suggested before and I really hope it's planned.

Auriga_Nexus

Befriender of Worlds
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    One of the many little tweaks that will make Starmade that much better of a game.

I'll be honest, when it comes to factories and storage, I'm for getting rid of drop-down menus completely and instead doing a collapsible list-by-category setup like they do for shops.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    One of the many little tweaks that will make Starmade that much better of a game.

I'll be honest, when it comes to factories and storage, I'm for getting rid of drop-down menus completely and instead doing a collapsible list-by-category setup like they do for shops.
    Yeah, I would much rather see a collapsible list by category with check mark mark system than having to have the items to be able to tell a chest to pull the items.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yeah, I would much rather see a collapsible list by category with check mark mark system than having to have the items to be able to tell a chest to pull the items.
    That still requires us to scroll through everything looking for just what we want. Yeah, its broken up a bit more so we only have to search through subsections, but its still something we have to manually think of every single block we want to go into the box before we can do it. If we forget about something, we still have to go back and manually hunt it down again.

With Contents, if you realize you missed something thats currently in your inventory (of course you'll have it on hand, because only way you'd notice you missed it the first time around is when its still sitting in your master inbox), you just drop it where it needs to go, click the Pull Contents button, type in your 500 or 1000 or whatever, and you're done.

Now, not saying we can't have both, and I think we should have both, I just think this way would be faster and easier on players to set up after they come home with a pocket full of random pirate loot.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    That still requires us to scroll through everything looking for just what we want. Yeah, its broken up a bit more so we only have to search through subsections, but its still something we have to manually think of every single block we want to go into the box before we can do it. If we forget about something, we still have to go back and manually hunt it down again.

With Contents, if you realize you missed something thats currently in your inventory (of course you'll have it on hand, because only way you'd notice you missed it the first time around is when its still sitting in your master inbox), you just drop it where it needs to go, click the Pull Contents button, type in your 500 or 1000 or whatever, and you're done.

Now, not saying we can't have both, and I think we should have both, I just think this way would be faster and easier on players to set up after they come home with a pocket full of random pirate loot.
    Just think of setting up a mass storage system, I would absolutely hate to have to acquire the blocks I plan to store before I need to store them. There are more block types that can fit in our inventory and a check list would be much easier in the long run then having to manually place blocks in a chest you want that chest to filter.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Both I hope of course. Shop categorised lists with checkboxes would be the better one if both isn't an option. Anything but pick single item, ađd amount, ok, pick second item, add amount etc...

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Just think of setting up a mass storage system, I would absolutely hate to have to acquire the blocks I plan to store before I need to store them. There are more block types that can fit in our inventory and a check list would be much easier in the long run then having to manually place blocks in a chest you want that chest to filter.
    Ah, see, how I currently do my sorting setup is that I start out with the most common stuff and set pulls for that. Then I have a chest down by the docking area linked to my master inbox in the sorting room. When I come back from mining or pirate farming, I unload all the boxes from the ship into the docking transfer box, then move upstairs to the sorting room.

Once there, I see what is still sitting in the box, and then go manually add an individual pull for it, because frankly spreading that setup time out over days and weeks is a LOT more bearable than trying to do it all at once. So for me, I don't generally need to set a pull for it until I actually have it to pull in the first place (unless its something like a color of armor, those I add all the different shapes in a single pass).