Stop people from disassembling your ship

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It's becoming a common problem for me. Ill be on a server and access a shop while still in my ship. While browsing someone will jump in one of my turrets and completley dissasemble my ship.

I am new to this game so I have no idea if there is a way around it but seriously... It's at least the 5th time its happened.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah! It\'s true!

Please, stop people from entering your OWN SHIP! It\'s unplayable in multyplayer and I can\'t play this game with my friends on public servers. Just today a guy entered in my friend\'s ship, stole it and destroyed our ship with his own one! (He had lots and lots of missiles and anti matter cannons). Do it like that only faction members can enter in other faction member\'s ships.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah it\'s pretty ridiculous that you can just dissasemble someone elses ship. It\'s one thing if you get shot up, but when someone literally tears your ship apart with his bare hands it\'s just ridiculous.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    The feature of destroying other people\'s ships- be it by hand, in a salvage ship, or with weapons- is one of the best aspects the game can have.

It\'s not that hard to get away from this problem. If you sit around the spawn shop on a server (eg. like on NASS), you should not be surprised at all if you have people taking blocks off your ship. You\'re inviting them to do that by sitting around there. It\'s like on minecraft servers- Building your house close to the spawn area is a bad idea because it will get griefed by the one-timer trolls and rule-breakers. Likewise, don\'t make the unwise choice of building your ship at spawn. Just spawn yourself a ship core, get out to a safe place (several sectors away) and build it there.

Having the aspect of players sabotaging and eating away your build is one of the many dangers you face as a ship commander. Protect yourself. Arm your ship with the best weapons, construct it at your own secret base, or join a faction- that\'s where there\'s strength in numbers. Rather than trying to run away from the problem by complaining about it as a dissapointment and an annoyance, make the smart choice of not allowing such a situation to arise by staying alert of your surroundings and protecting yourself.

Save your blueprint to the catalog as you build (so if it does get destroyed/griefed/whatever you can just go and buy back the ship design from a shop; this is why griefing is not as much of a problem on StarMade as it is on Minecraft), and don\'t make the bad choice of constructing your ship in an area clustered with lots of players. Problem solved.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    If you are a part of a faction, docking your ship on the faction home base renders it immune to enemy fire.

If you activate a faction block on your ship, people who aren\'t a part of the faction can\'t enter it.

If you\'re inside the ship core, people can\'t disassemble it by hand.