Steam Greenlight?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    hi Starmade-freaks,

when will Starmade go online on Steam?
    We need Players!!!

Its such a cool game and there are so much games in pre alpha state on Steam and they are too grappy and the people want money for those pre alpha trash.

my suggestion, get Starmade on Steam

thanks for creating Starmade

Greez BiGEdge

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Since starmade is still alpha and no beta is in sight yet, going on steam seems a little too risky.
    Besides, the cureently active playerbase is big enough for all purposes I can imagine.
    I'll retract this statement though if you provide me one purpose for which the currently active playerbase isn't large enough.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Starmade has already been greenlit a looooong while ago. Schema is currently biding his time like an evil cat mastermind until the game has enough basic player retention so that more than 25% of the people who try it out will stick with Starmade for the long term. Rest assured that Steam is a nice juicy part of Starmade's future, just not yet while the 'game' portion of this game is still being put it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    As long as there are enough players to test the early versions and find bugs, I'm sure it's big enough for now, at such an early stage when testing and finding bugs are crucial.

Reaction score
    Ok, seriously, had I not seen a Youtube review about this game in a Top 10 list from November of 2013, I never would have known this existed. When I get home tonight (at work currently, lol) I'm planning to purchase it, and I'll likely be getting my whole circle of gaming friends in on it as well, as this is exactly the kind of game we've all been looking for. It's like Minecraft and Space Engineers had a baby, and made them both look terrible!

Compared to a lot of the Early Access games I've seen, and hell, purchased, on Steam these days, this one already looks way beyond polished in comparison. If the dev is just holding off from releasing on Steam to have a better product the day he goes full blown with it, they totally have not only my support, but my full respect.

Reaction score
    Actually SM is a little older than SE, thus…TIME TRAVEL!!!
    Haha, paradoxes aside, being just recently introduced to the game after owning and playing the other two for a while, I'm stoked. It looks awesome from everything I've seen, and every patch note update I've read really makes it sound like the devs are working their best at always improving the game, which is awesome to see!

Greenlit is awesome and all, but to my understanding, they still have to release it at a time of their choosing, and with how they're doing it, I still have to give them props. Sure, releasing it now with how it's currently looking will prolly incite a mad rush of purchases, but any major seeming bug (like the shield issue I was hearing people upset about) could tarnish a launch. They just seem to be being really smart about how they release things, instead of just coming off as a bunch of horrid money grubbing monsters. :)

Reactions: Aizria