Staying on board when you leave the core.

Reaction score
    I have a ship that is 1000x600x250. The core room is 15x15x13. With these dimensions I should be able to stay on board my ship when I leave its core. It seems like a fundamental feature of this type of game. After all it makes no sense to appear outside the ship 200 blocks away from the core when there is enough room to appear beside the core.

Reaction score
    this is now the worlds most important post, FIX IT LORD SCHEMA

Reaction score
    And thus far it seems like there is no way to spawn in a ship instead of the outside, I even tried a huge core room with the core just floating there in the air, no decoration or anything like that, just an empty cube with the core in the middle and still I end up outside. It\'s kind of a pain because I have to go so far to get to my air locks or destroy blocks until I get to the core.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    I always spawn in the 3x3x3 room I build behind the core. It is only different if I exited the game while beeing in a turret\'s core. In that case I just get stuck inside the turret.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    This seems like it would fit nicely into either a captain\'s chair suggestion, or a cryogenic pod suggestion. Either one of the two has the player spawn/respawn inside of the object. Then, they hop out, and go to whatever it is that steers the ship.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    The rotation of the ship also effects where you exit the core, I have ships where I exit fine when auto rotated (C) but may exit outside if I am pointed at an odd angle.

Reaction score
    I don\'t know what you guys are doing wrong, but I have never had this issue. I have big ships and small ships, and the only ones that I spawn outside the ship on are the really tiny ones where there is barely more than an access hatch to get to the core. Some of the small ones still surprise me with letting me spawn inside. Maybe try reducing the pressure on your spacesuits so you\'re not so michelin-man all up in that ship.