Station sector positioning

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I noticed an issue when you build a station to close to a sectors edge it has an increased potential to pop out of location. I am pretty sure this has to do with the way the game is handling spacial transformation.

Anyone familiar with the issue can tell you what a pain it can be to try and get stuff back. some times just driving off a good distance will work other times nothing works and hopefully your work is save and backed up or you are hosed.

To eliminate this issue I was thinking it might be nice to have some indicators so people could determine how close they are to the center of the sector. It could be something as simple as three numbers x,y,z to tell relative position. Such as if their sectors are 1K then 500,500,500 would be about center.

The three numbers could be placed right under the system numbers.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Yes it'd be nice to have an option to turn something like this on and off to see where the sector center is at all times but why just the sector center when you can also make the boarders visible as well? :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    I remember addressing this problem in an earlier post maybe a month ago. What you can do currently is hold tab and press i a few times until you see something like this:

Just move around till those numbers are as close to zero as you have the patience for. I recommend you use the c key to align your ship to galactic north first and then only use the wasdqe keys to position yourself.