Starting up a Server - Player wants?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Greeting everyone, I am looking to start up a server and wanted to get a feel for what players actually like in a server. My goal is to start a server that is heavily dependent on crafting and gathering. Multiple enemy factions, and server events are probably things I will be looking at. I do not want everyone to start off with thousands or millions of credits and want to feel like people have earned their keep. Also, I am looking at some custom blocks to use, if anyone has any recommendations let me know.

So what are some other things you have liked or disliked from servers? I would love to take that feedback and really make it a nice place for people to come and enjoy the game.

Reaction score
    From what yo said, it sounds to me like you want to create a hardcore PvP server. I would advise making a difficult economy in order to debuff ways to make money(like station farming). This can involve making ship blocks expensive and making blocks that can be found in nature reallz cheap(like a few credits). While like this, standard hull and glass would be cheap(but they are rubbish for defense anyway), but it makes it much harder to build titans.

Also, you could decrease shop spawn rate. With less shops, supply of blocks will be rare making it necessary to make your own.

Decreasing the pirate loot is also always a good idea. It should be 0.1 or even nothing.

Custom pirates are also nice to have. Maybe start by having a few easy ones(a bit easier than Isanth as these are currently quite strong when you joined a new server) and then add harder ones as the factions become bigger.

Something else you could do are custom recipes. I quite like having decent ones when playing sm(not OP ones, not crappy ones) so that I don\'t have to spend thousands of resources on them.

Also there are cubatoms. They can be used to exploit the economy should a block be too expensive. I know there is a way to disable them, but idk how.

There is also a problem with the build block, as people tend to salvage planets using them. Therefore, you can consider disabling them but people won\'t like it because building bases would become a pain.

Lastly, disable blueprint upload. This means that players need to build their ships on their own and can\'t use someone elses.

Ok that was everything I wish from a hardcore server(and some of them from any non-creative server in general). If you need any help doing stuff, I would be happy to help doing it.