StarMap System and more

Reaction score
    i have a "simple" idea of a starmap. the starmap can be opened with "M" but you have to buy a few things like strong thrusters, a navigation-computer (you need the computer for the normal navigation too!), and special energy-tanks/generators for the thrusters. now you can open the starmap and fly to other galaxys (1 galaxy can have more than 1 star) click the galaxy that you want and you can fly to it! is a galaxy to far away or you don't have enough energy or strong thrusters on your ship than you can't fly to it.
    needed blocks:
    -Strong Thrusters (for hyperspeed, are in normal space faster than the normal thrusters)
    -HV Energy Tank (for the Strong Thrusters)
    -HV Energy Generator (for the Strong Thrusters)
    -Navigation Computer (to see the galaxymap)
    -Navigation Upgrade (with each upgrade will the reach of your galaxymap larger)

stuff that i want in StarMade:
    -Healstation (heaal the Player, needs power)
    -loading up weapons (hold left/right mousebutton to load up a powerful shot, so longer you hold the shot so more power will be needed)
    -Colors (with a special color-block that you place near the core it will be possible to change the color of laser shots, beams, and the light of the beacon)
    -oxygen (you need a helmet, and tanks with oxygen on your ship to survive in space, to load oxygen you can fly to a planet and the oxygen tank will automaticly load)
    -upgrades (a universal upgrade-block that can be combine with any computer or the core and can upgrade: damage, range, reload, explosion radius, speed, power usage)
    -more decoration (chairs, tables, and other suff)
    -status map (a little 2D-top-view of your own ship in the bottom left corner, the little view shows your how much your ship is damaged, it can be useful in a fight)

critique will be gladly received!
    my english is not the best... but i hope it's readable.

Captain Tankman

Cake Build Server Staff
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    There is already a kind of map but sometimes a bit buggy because its quite old. Press 'p' :)

I agree on the healstation, but all the other things were requested more than once.
    And the thing with colours and weapon upgrades already exists. You can link coloured lights (for coloured lasers/beams) and a second computer for effects (faster reload and so on) ;)

And with the logic systems you can build such a 2D map of your ship by yourself. @Bench has made a great tutorial for this. Check it out ;) http://starmadedock.net/threads/starmade-logic-tutorials.887/

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    i have a "simple" idea of a starmap. the starmap can be opened with "M" but you have to buy a few things like strong thrusters, a navigation-computer (you need the computer for the normal navigation too!), and special energy-tanks/generators for the thrusters. now you can open the starmap and fly to other galaxys (1 galaxy can have more than 1 star) click the galaxy that you want and you can fly to it! is a galaxy to far away or you don't have enough energy or strong thrusters on your ship than you can't fly to it.
    needed blocks:
    -Strong Thrusters (for hyperspeed, are in normal space faster than the normal thrusters)
    -HV Energy Tank (for the Strong Thrusters)
    -HV Energy Generator (for the Strong Thrusters)
    -Navigation Computer (to see the galaxymap)
    -Navigation Upgrade (with each upgrade will the reach of your galaxymap larger)

stuff that i want in StarMade:
    -Healstation (heaal the Player, needs power)
    -loading up weapons (hold left/right mousebutton to load up a powerful shot, so longer you hold the shot so more power will be needed)
    -Colors (with a special color-block that you place near the core it will be possible to change the color of laser shots, beams, and the light of the beacon)
    -oxygen (you need a helmet, and tanks with oxygen on your ship to survive in space, to load oxygen you can fly to a planet and the oxygen tank will automaticly load)
    -upgrades (a universal upgrade-block that can be combine with any computer or the core and can upgrade: damage, range, reload, explosion radius, speed, power usage)
    -more decoration (chairs, tables, and other suff)
    -status map (a little 2D-top-view of your own ship in the bottom left corner, the little view shows your how much your ship is damaged, it can be useful in a fight)

critique will be gladly received!
    my english is not the best... but i hope it's readable.
    Thanks for the suggestions. A lot of these are either planned or have a similar ability or function planned that would achieve the same result. And as Captain Tankman pointed out, some of these you can already build in the game.