StarMadeDock's TOS is going to change very soon...

Reaction score
    ...And has been changing very soon for about 2 months as long as I remember. (might be wrong here)

I'm just wondering what these changes are, this message has been here since the server rollback after the crash. While it's nice to see you wish me a Great Day! Every day I would love to know what's up, what's changing and what things I need to take caution of. I'm sure it's the same story for others too.

I'm sure it's something trivial like fleshing out the current TOS, and I know you're all busy with the actual game (And I'm very grateful for that.) but what's the hold up?

Apologies if this has been posted before, or does not belong here.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    The TOS is being updated for the new chat system, as well as to address some issues that have occurred over the past few months.

As the chat system hasn't come out yet, changing the TOS now has no point. The TOS has only changed once since the release of the forums on the 4th of April. You will have to reaccept the TOS when it changes, so at that point you have the chance to read the changes. If you agree to it, you can continue to participate on SMD, if not you will not be able to continue using this site.

The rules of the forum will also be redefined and merged with the TOS.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    The TOS is being updated for the new chat system, as well as to address some issues that have occurred over the past few months.

As the chat system hasn't come out yet, changing the TOS now has no point. The TOS has only changed once since the release of the forums on the 4th of April. You will have to reaccept the TOS when it changes, so at that point you have the chance to read the changes. If you agree to it, you can continue to participate on SMD, if not you will not be able to continue using this site.

The rules of the forum will also be redefined and merged with the TOS.
    Then why the message there if its not time? surely that should be there when the chat gets finished?

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    therimmer96 So no one can say they didn't know it was coming? Some folks seem to think ignorance is a great excuse to get away with stuff.

As to the changes.. Probably a few loop holes closed to abuse. Some sort of new specifications about solutions for users. Just culling the sandbox for broken glass and cigarette butts. The only ones it'll piss off are the ones breaking glass and smoking near the playground.

Last edited by a moderator:

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Then why the message there if its not time? surely that should be there when the chat gets finished?
    Exactly what WarSong has said, we are warning users that changes to the TOS are going to be made, meaning they won't be surprised when they have to re-accept them. The chat is in its final stages, it could come out tomorrow or next month.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    Chat release schedule: Just before the seventh trump sounds.

Reaction score
    therimmer96 So no one can say they didn't know it was coming? Some folks seem to think ignorance is a great excuse to get away with stuff.

As to the changes.. Probably a few loop holes closed to abuse. Some sort of new specifications about solutions for users. Just culling the sandbox for broken glass and cigarette butts. The only ones it'll piss off are the ones breaking glass and smoking near the playground.
    So you're telling me I can't break glass and smoke joints while wearing my cool leather and sunglasses any more? 0/10 leaving internet forever.

DukeofRealms Thank you for clearing that up. Programming this game in general can be summed up as 'could come out tomorrow or next month'

Last edited by a moderator:

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    It's out now! By 'now' I mean yesterday. And by 'yesterday' I mean, "comeback next year".

And yes you can do those things. Just don't do them near playgrounds, parks or beaches, plz. And being in those places doing that stuff dressed like that will prolly have a 20-something mom flag down a 40-something cop who'll zap you with a 10000-something tazer. And, yes, I'm aware it's over nine thousand.

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    But we will be surprised, because (a) we have no idea when in particular it is coming or what in particular it will say, and (b) by this time we've virtually been trained to ignore the announcement box because it's been constantly announcing something for which it is not possible to take any action or make any preparation.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    Doesn't make the changes any less valid. When the change happens you will know.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    But we will be surprised, because (a) we have no idea when in particular it is coming or what in particular it will say, and (b) by this time we've virtually been trained to ignore the announcement box because it's been constantly announcing something for which it is not possible to take any action or make any preparation.
    You will realise, when you are forced to reaccept the terms. We have also been talking about these changes for a long time, so a fair few have a general idea of what will be changed.

Basically:
    • The TOS will cover chat
    • Rules will be more specific, and redefined to fit in the TOS
    • Additional rules to address issues such as inappropriate usernames, faction stabs (what's not acceptable) etc
    All of what is being changed, is already enforced under the current rules (and applies under the current rules).

Reaction score
    You will realise, when you are forced to reaccept the terms. We have also been talking about these changes for a long time, so a fair few have a general idea of what will be changed.

Basically:
    • The TOS will cover chat
    • Rules will be more specific, and redefined to fit in the TOS
    • Additional rules to address issues such as inappropriate usernames, faction stabs (what's not acceptable) etc
    All of what is being changed, is already enforced under the current rules (and applies under the current rules).
    I'm guessing the guy who put his name as 'F*ckTart' will be banned then? What a shame, it was such an artistic and poetic avatar. I'm sure the thread where the guy posted 30+ Pictures of anti-communist posters will not be allowed back either?

I'm also gonna hazard a guess that once the chat comes out, the new TOS will too, right?