StarMade Tech Demo and Benchmark

Would you download and run a StarMade tech demo?

• No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    I thought a good idea was a tech demo for StarMade that gets updated as the game changes. Just setup 8 capital ships and a coupla dozen fighters slugging it out. As one is destroyed a new one is spawn in and just loops spiting out a log file with the system's specs and how it performed with the settings specified.

Reactions: ToyotaSupra
    Reaction score
    I saw a game that had a similar idea. The game used so little resources on a modern computer that the developer turned it into a screensaver.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    Or in some cases back in the day we had screensavers that were also games. I remember having a TSR Tetris clone for DOS.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Yeah I'd like to see this happen as even though I already play the game it'd give me a good idea of what setting I should or could have on Starmade and really just help out a lot as well as just being a cool battle to watch.

Reaction score
    Or in some cases back in the day we had screensavers that were also games. I remember having a TSR Tetris clone for DOS.
    Yeah the game I mentioned was just like that but in an open world RPG. Game runs on ANYTHING, tested it on my mate's old 90s laptop and still works.

http://transcendence.kronosaur.com/

It's a total ripoff of Mass Effect, Asteroids and a bunch of other popular Sci-Fi stuff but it's free and surprisingly addictive. For those of you who have a couple of hours to burn off I recommend it. You can get the screensaver by going to the 'downloads' tab.