Starmade startup stopped by NVWMI....Help?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have multiple computers at my home, well this morning my brother and a few friends came by to play StarMade as usual and the window wont open after clicking the shortcut... sometimes a split micro-second and most times you never even see the window. After reading the forums I haven't come across this issue and decided to post from my main PC while troubleshooting the other...
    I have updated my Java and checked all other possible issues when I decided to go to event viewer and check the logs... From what I've found there is a process in /../systemWOW64 folder called NVWMI that stops my app from opening the second I click the shortcut...

Any advice on what the program is and what I can do to fix? please thanks.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Actually I have 7 Pc's all setup for lan parties and my guest know I don't allow messing with settings (even in game) without my permission as I invested a lot into my setup. No settings were changed and the is one of 2 that has been used for dev builds since December and I use for 3ds Max and Mudbox. I have re-installed the GPU drivers (fresh install) *without Nvidia WMI this time as NVWMI was the only event that happens after I click the starmade shortcut (I found out what NVWMI was) and the same issue... not sure what to do... I can do everything else on my pc (games, cad, web, Netflix) but cant run starmade... I have tryed Mincraft to see if it was Nvidia/java correlated but to no avail. Thanks again.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    *UPDATE

I'm backing my system to a restore point on 5/22. :(I hope this should fix the issue as in the effected programs list it shows that NVWMI would be effected from the restore:rolleyes:... I have downloaded the link you gave but it didn't work. The only other restore point was today when I use the link you gave, so if this don't work then I'd be backing up 2TB of Autodesk library's :eek:
    Again thanks. Will update.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I fixed it... gee windows 8 takes a looooooooong time to restore... wow anywho, der_scheme thanks so much for helping ur a cool dude.
    I'm not sure what exactly caused it but the driver (as you said) was the issue except re-installing (even clean install) didn't work. schema give this man a paw he saved me a MAJOR networking headache had I not noticed this issue.

Last edited by a moderator: