StarMade Ship Editor

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I am fully aware of SMEdit, but it no longer appears to function, so could someone either find or make a new ship editor?

Reasons:
    Large ship builds; don't need to worry about pirates or spawning in resources

Shapes; The larger the shape, the longer it takes to build, by hand. Considering the scale of some of the projects, it simply becomes unfeasible to build them in-game

Incorrectly placed cores; Placed your core in a bad spot? Want to move it? We can't in the game yet, so an editor would be great!​

Reaction score
    I don't see this coming at all. The fact that it would take no resources to build from outside the game, would make it pointless to build ships in-game by hand. Schema has said that he wants building large ships to be challenging, and that's why you don't see these type of things anymore. Though I would agree on being able to move your core somewhere else, being able to construct a ship in a 3D modeling program or something would be too easy, and large ships would become a lot more abundant on servers. As it stands, making a large ship by survival methods and in-game takes a while and hard work. I've been working on mine for about a week now.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I don't see this coming at all. The fact that it would take no resources to build from outside the game, would make it pointless to build ships in-game by hand. Schema has said that he wants building large ships to be challenging, and that's why you don't see these type of things anymore. Though I would agree on being able to move your core somewhere else, being able to construct a ship in a 3D modeling program or something would be too easy, and large ships would become a lot more abundant on servers. As it stands, making a large ship by survival methods and in-game takes a while and hard work. I've been working on mine for about a week now.
    maybe a guy will make one ... we will see

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    So why can we spawn infinite amounts of resources?

Reaction score
    So why can we spawn infinite amounts of resources?
    Because you're probably using admin commands (cheats) or the build block method. In survival, ofc ur not supposed to use cheats at all, and the build block exploit is being worked on (which gives a technically infinite amount of resources and credits) and won't be around for much longer.

Schema wanted to make this survival. We gather resources, build a small ship, gather even more resources, build an even bigger ship after obtaining enough, so on and so forth. Currently, I think he wanted people to keep finding shops and fighting pirates to use materials to build your ship, but with the Build Block exploit, that's not needed at all. Heck, even mining materials out of a planet is utterly useless because of the amount of credits you get from harvesting one space station.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Because you're probably using admin commands (cheats) or the build block method. In survival, ofc ur not supposed to use cheats at all, and the build block exploit is being worked on (which gives a technically infinite amount of resources and credits) and won't be around for much longer.

Schema wanted to make this survival. We gather resources, build a small ship, gather even more resources, build an even bigger ship after obtaining enough, so on and so forth. Currently, I think he wanted people to keep finding shops and fighting pirates to use materials to build your ship, but with the Build Block exploit, that's not needed at all. Heck, even mining materials out of a planet is utterly useless because of the amount of credits you get from harvesting one space station.
    No, i'm talking about sandbox mode, as for spawning in resources, it was a group of commands coded in BY Schema, along with the x y z axis in the build menu, so i doubt that theses commands are going to be removed.
    As for mining an entire planet using build blocks? Yes, that is a problem but is off subject.

Also i doubt this was built in survival http://starmadedock.net/threads/unsc-infinity-watch-work-in-progress.253/

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    May be this request need to go in mod request.
    In my mind, apps to make your ship will not breaking your game experience for many reason.
    With the new shop system you can't sell all your cheated blocks, each shops have a money limitation, it's become hard to make money.
    Ship editor can be a way to make fast try, preview what's in your mind. A tool is what you whant to do with it. Yes you can abuse of it but it's not necessarily is first usage.

Reactions: Wolfiy
    Reaction score

I couldn't disagree more. Huge ships are very impractical. Besides, where are you going to get that many people to inhabit it, anyways? It would seem silly to have one giant ship all for yourself. Additionally, you still need to pay credits to build the blueprint. In a multiplayer server where you don't have admin commands, that means you have to get those credits yourself. Plus, I get that the purpose of this game is survival and shipbuilding, but take a look at a game like, say, Minecraft. Some people play survival like normal and others like to build cool looking stuff in creative mode. So, if something like this were to get made, there wouldn't be any more large ships than there are now. It's just for convenience so that you don't have to build everything by hand, which is very tedious and time-consuming.