StarMade running REALLY slowly?

Reaction score
    So before, i had absolutely no problem playing StarMade at moderate setting quality. But now, since two or three updates ago, i get MAJOR lag whenever i run it. I'm talking serious lag. like, 1 FPS kind of lag. Its now completely unplayable. I've tried turning every possible setting down as far as it goes, but that doesn't seem to help much.

Does anyone know whats wrong? Is it just something about the new updates or is it something else?

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    What settings are you turning down / off? Have you recently installed windows 8.1?

Recent updates have added a few demanding graphical additions.

Turning off procedural backgrounds, normal mapping, selecting the "pixel" texture pack and disabling backgrounds has been pretty effective at increasing FPS for a few players.

If you recently installed windows 8.1, do your graphics drivers need updating? are you running a legacy (old / unsupported) card in a unsupported OS version?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    You forgot shadows, they're a real performance killer, deffinatly want those off if you dont allready.

Reaction score
    Shadows are a massive perfomance killer (and still don't look that great). I get 100 FPS no problem with turning everything else hardly making a hit. Shadows even on barebones make my FPS drop to a tenth.

Reaction score
    What settings are you turning down / off? Have you recently installed windows 8.1?

Recent updates have added a few demanding graphical additions.

Turning off procedural backgrounds, normal mapping, selecting the "pixel" texture pack and disabling backgrounds has been pretty effective at increasing FPS for a few players.

If you recently installed windows 8.1, do your graphics drivers need updating? are you running a legacy (old / unsupported) card in a unsupported OS version?
    Actually, i'm running it on a mac, could the graphics card still be the problem?

Reaction score
    It could.
    Could you take a look at StarMade/logs/log.txt.0, scroll down and check for messages that are repeating themselves?
    Also you can check for system load in general (CPU usage, memory usage), that could be helpful.

Reaction score
    I have the same problem. I play SM since July last Year or so, and never had performance issues. After the release of the last update (I think when the new planets where implemented) I restarted my universe to update my ships and get rid of my flat planet colony, but now after 10 secs in the game it slows down till it's unplayable. I have 4 gigs of memory and a gtx460, all graphics downed to minimum (besides the resolution).

Reaction score
    It could.
    Could you take a look at StarMade/logs/log.txt.0, scroll down and check for messages that are repeating themselves?
    Also you can check for system load in general (CPU usage, memory usage), that could be helpful.
    Alright, I found the logs file and it repeats something like this a lot:

[2014-06-26 13:02:01] DRAWING TIME OF 410 elements: 232(231.699); unifroms: 0.0; pointer 0.0; upChk 0.04; frust 0.07; update 0.137; draw: 0.0; totD: 231.63501

And I have absolutely no idea what this means.

as for CPU usage, it claims to be using...... 250%

......help