Bug Starmade and I5 Intel

Reaction score
    Starmade will not work most likely because of my Intel card. I have tried downloading the intel update unity thing and it only goes down to I6 inlet cards. I have a I5 intel card and I don't know how to update it so it will work.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    I can tell you the i5 will totally run StarMade. I have an i7 and an Atom z3745 both running fine. Client mode only on the Atom tho. Anyhow yes the i5 will mos-def run this and do a good job on stock setting BUT intel does make finding the right driver a trial. I'd suggest looking up driver issues related minecraft as the two games share a java basis. The games themselves are practically night and day but the way java handles intel adapters is the same. I'm gonna double check some things on intel's site. I might have some links for you in a bit IF i don't forget to post them. Life happens amirite?

goto your start menu
    type cmd
    open the app that shows up, you should get a black terminal screen
    type in dxdiag
    click yes if asked
    wait for it to finish
    look at the processor it reports back
    it should be on that first page under BIOS and just before memory

You can PM me what the processor model says or post it here. No one can really use that info for anything malicious.

Anyhow..
    I suspect the driver you need it in the v15 archives someplace but which one specifically is the real rub. I hope you have a sandybridge or better. mean a baytrail tablet can run StarMade but it's a tricky beast to tame.

Last edited: