Starbits

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    Starbits is a community server with lots of good and nice players. The server boasts unlimited exploration, building, fighting, and you guessed it mining. Some server features include big systems, enhanced mining bonus, unlimited ship sizes, and enhanced jump drive/gate distances. Please comment on here if you have something POSITIVE to add, negative comments reported :P

Reaction score
    Please comment on here if you have something POSITIVE to add, negative comments reported :p
    So you going to report and try to have anything removed that does not show the server in its most positive glorious light?

Feel free to report my post because I am not going violate the terms of service here.

Firstly, you can be banned off the server for logging in more than 10 times in the space of 24 hours, in a game as buggy as StarMade logging in and out in unavoidable, so the admin essentially punishes players for trying to fix bugs they are having.

The admin is AFK in the help channel 99% of the time, so if you need admin help then you won't get any 99% of the time, and when my faction leader needed admin assistance he attempted to contact said admin while he/she was afk, only to find some time later he was banned for "excessive communication"

The admin explained this as "imagine someone calling you, and as soon as they answered, you hung up...now do that multiple a day and see how that works out for you."

But a better thing to compare it to is " imagine someone calling you, I (ErthParadine) failed to pick up the phone, you hung up because I was taking so long...now do that multiple a day and see how that works out for you."

This combined with the admin protecting your sectors and re-spawning your base after it was destroyed in fair combat, and giving out blueprints that were private, all I can say is I have seen some shockers, but this one tops the cake

Reaction score
    So you going to report and try to have anything removed that does not show the server in its most positive glorious light?

Feel free to report my post because I am not going violate the terms of service here.

Firstly, you can be banned off the server for logging in more than 10 times in the space of 24 hours, in a game as buggy as StarMade logging in and out in unavoidable, so the admin essentially punishes players for trying to fix bugs they are having.

The admin is AFK in the help channel 99% of the time, so if you need admin help then you won't get any 99% of the time, and when my faction leader needed admin assistance he attempted to contact said admin while he/she was afk, only to find some time later he was banned for "excessive communication"

The admin explained this as "imagine someone calling you, and as soon as they answered, you hung up...now do that multiple a day and see how that works out for you."

But a better thing to compare it to is " imagine someone calling you, I (ErthParadine) failed to pick up the phone, you hung up because I was taking so long...now do that multiple a day and see how that works out for you."

This combined with the admin protecting your sectors and re-spawning your base after it was destroyed in fair combat, and giving out blueprints that were private, all I can say is I have seen some shockers, but this one tops the cake
    It was a special case related to Vaygr-Napther-Donut/Spock conflict.
    It contains the whole bunch of bad both in the one and the other side.

But otherwise spocklin absolutely right. Very friendly community and helpfull admin.

Reaction score

As per the last part Schine came onto the server and confirmed the exploit themselves. Please don't post inaccurate information next time. Personal problems with other players should not be included on here so please don't start a flame war, as that is against the rules on the forums as even I found out the hard way.

Reaction score
    As per the last part Schine came onto the server and confirmed the exploit themselves. Please don't post inaccurate information next time. Personal problems with other players should not be included on here so please don't start a flame war, as that is against the rules on the forums as even I found out the hard way.
    Did I ever say at any point in my sentences that Odium/Vaygr/Zoro/Aceface/Whoever did NOT exploit?

The fact that you are bringing this up when it wasn't mentioned is really incriminating, like your scared and trying to hide something.

Reaction score
    It was a special case related to Vaygr-Napther-Donut/Spock conflict.
    It contains the whole bunch of bad both in the one and the other side.

But otherwise spocklin absolutely right. Very friendly community and helpfull admin.
    Actually, the ban on Zoro was uncalled for and based on nothing. Excessive communication for trying to contact Erth over a 49 hour period? A brand new rule added just to Zoro to make his ban seem like it was based on solid grounds? The server was fairly popular until these bans happened.

Reactions: Nuclear Doughnut
    Reaction score
    Actually, the ban on Zoro was uncalled for and based on nothing. Excessive communication for trying to contact Erth over a 49 hour period? A brand new rule added just to Zoro to make his ban seem like it was based on solid grounds? The server was fairly popular until these bans happened.
    I still think that the server is empty as a result of complex causes. It is summertime, Vaygr activity, sporadic griefing (and lags because of it), new Brierie server opening. I mean that this stupid story could not be cause of negative server rating.

Reaction score
    Did I ever say at any point in my sentences that Odium/Vaygr/Zoro/Aceface/Whoever did NOT exploit?

The fact that you are bringing this up when it wasn't mentioned is really incriminating, like your scared and trying to hide something.
    You said my HB was destroyed in fair combat and it wasn't as I pointed out. Either way it doesn't matter as this is detracting from the original post.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    It is summertime
    okay, what? How could you justify this as a reason for decreased activity? With students out of school it should be more active. If they're all adults, summer wouldn't have affected their schedule. Erth did a good job moderating the server into oblivion, and now this is the result.
    [doublepost=1468134145,1468134110][/doublepost]
    Ahahaha, I'm saving this one.

Reaction score
    Erth did a good job moderating the server into oblivion, and now this is the result.
    [doublepost=1468134145,1468134110][/doublepost]
    Mhm, I don't think Doughnut and his friends ban could be a cause of low server rating. These people tried to grief the server as revenge, and it's pretty bad thing. Of course, if they all telling everyone that the admin is bad, it can cause a lack of player, then you're right. But what can we do... Try to call them for the voice of reason? Fail, the most of the old players are pretty young, angry and revengefull. In general, the intrigues and the relationships between the old players quite an interesting topic. It is a pity that I do not know English well enough to explore it.

ZeroRa

Vaygr Representative
    Reaction score
    You gave Aceface captain rank and he literally just hopped into a build block, then you lied to schine about him not having perms.
    You assured Zoro that the exploit would be patched in the next update, yet nothing came of it.

So either you lied to schine or made the whole thing up, which schine member confirmed the exploit btw? Somehow this information was never shared...

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Starbits is a community server with lots of good and nice players. The server boasts unlimited exploration, building, fighting, and you guessed it mining.
    Mining? Golly gee, never would've guessed

Reaction score
    Mhm, I don't think Doughnut and his friends ban could be a cause of low server rating. These people tried to grief the server as revenge, and it's pretty bad thing. Of course, if they all telling everyone that the admin is bad, it can cause a lack of player, then you're right. But what can we do... Try to call them for the voice of reason? Fail, the most of the old players are pretty young, angry and revengefull. In general, the intrigues and the relationships between the old players quite an interesting topic. It is a pity that I do not know English well enough to explore it.
    My faction got banned for attacking Spock and taking out all his systems each day. It wasn't until after some of them were banned that they started griefing the server. I don't think you have a good grasp of what has gone down on the server. Especially where you are never online. All you have to do is look at some of the bans, for example Napther's:

Permaban: player was warned multiple times, player claims to be "admin" another server and therefore should know better. No appeals will be heard.

BASIS:
    • Griefing
    • Forcefully manufacturing whole-server lag
    • Bullying and targeting of specific individuals/groups over a period of time for minimal material gain
    • Destruction of planets without followup mining within required timeframes
    • Multi-planet destruction without any followup mining
    Griefing? For what, attacking Spock's claims?
    Server lag? How exactly was this caused because I have still yet to find out exactly how he caused lag.
    Bullying with minimal material gain? Last time I checked that is how pvp plays out. And of course there will be minimal gain when Spock only uses 2 block stations to claim with.
    And lastly, destruction of planets? This one I don't even know what to think about. Never heard of popped planets being an issue on any other server.

If you really think the lull is due to it being summer then you have a thin grasp on what has taken place on the server over the last couple of months. It only takes the voice of a few to ruin a server's reputation.

Sever owners have the right to refuse access to anyone they don't like, but don't expect them to stay quiet and not voice their opinions for it.

Reaction score
    My faction got banned for attacking Spock and taking out all his systems each day. It wasn't until after some of them were banned that they started griefing the server. I don't think you have a good grasp of what has gone down on the server. Especially where you are never online. All you have to do is look at some of the bans, for example Napther's:
    Well, I dunno... I thought Napther and Piano (from your faction) were banned for spawning the lagbomb. "The brick is dead, long live the brick" or so.

Reaction score
    Well, I dunno... I thought Napther and Piano (from your faction) were banned for spawning the lagbomb. "The brick is dead, long live the brick" or so.
    Only after Napther got banned did Doughnut and Piano spawn the bomb.

Reaction score
    People shouldn't be badmins on one server, follow the people who left their bad server and start harassing them constantly just to get revenge. To be clear it was not just me that Napther targeted. Everyone who said SS is bad and left was targeted.
    [doublepost=1468185040,1468184599][/doublepost]I should be more vocal about the obvious abuses going on when I was on the SS server then KillaKrazy just going off of your logic. You do not see me going on there to crash the server, grief, target people, or doing anything of the sort as that is purely a child's actions.

Reaction score
    People shouldn't be badmins on one server, follow the people who left their bad server and start harassing them constantly just to get revenge. To be clear it was not just me that Napther targeted. Everyone who said SS is bad and left was targeted.
    [doublepost=1468185040,1468184599][/doublepost]I should be more vocal about the obvious abuses going on when I was on the SS server then KillaKrazy just going off of your logic. You do not see me going on there to crash the server, grief, target people, or doing anything of the sort as that is purely a child's actions.
    I never stated that anyone should go in and attempt to crash a server. That is actually quite foolish, annoying, and a waste of time. I stated that they did not become an issue until after they got banned.

ZeroRa

Vaygr Representative
    Reaction score
    Seems like everyone who attacks spocklin gets banned.
    -Event Horizon
    -First Order
    -Vaygr Empire

Oh and btw spocklin you still haven't told me which schine staff member confirmed the "exploit" nor have you explained why it was not patched like you said it would be.
    [doublepost=1468204565,1468204352][/doublepost]

Permaban: player was warned multiple times, player claims to be "admin" another server and therefore should know better. No appeals will be heard.

BASIS:
    • Griefing
    • Forcefully manufacturing whole-server lag
    • Bullying and targeting of specific individuals/groups over a period of time for minimal material gain
    • Destruction of planets without followup mining within required timeframes
    • Multi-planet destruction without any followup mining
    Griefing? For what, attacking Spock's claims?
    Server lag? How exactly was this caused because I have still yet to find out exactly how he caused lag.
    Bullying with minimal material gain? Last time I checked that is how pvp plays out. And of course there will be minimal gain when Spock only uses 2 block stations to claim with.
    And lastly, destruction of planets? This one I don't even know what to think about. Never heard of popped planets being an issue on any other server.

If you really think the lull is due to it being summer then you have a thin grasp on what has taken place on the server over the last couple of months. It only takes the voice of a few to ruin a server's reputation.

Sever owners have the right to refuse access to anyone they don't like, but don't expect them to stay quiet and not voice their opinions for it.
    Spocklin cannot survive on a server with EH config, he has to be continually babysat by the admins. The admins are happy to do this because he is a "senior member".

Nuclear Doughnut

A Radioactive Pastry
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    For the record I never spawned any "Lag Bomb" on Starbits. All of those actions happened independent of myself. I do have the supposed blueprint for EE2 Hardware Testing. But I will repeat that my copy of the design (Author Unknown) has only been used for machines I own.

The only thing I did to get banned was build a large ship which had several internally docked reactors (which reactors have been since retrofitted). I then did assist my faction to help tear down our faction base to remove our presence completely from the server (No Point in Event Horizon staying if Spocklin is going to be protected by an Admin). Also this being a 30 million block home-base it did cause some issues that we did not foresee in deconstruction. We have several new members (Feyy) that did not understand how to dismantle a base properly so the lag would not be an issue.

In regards to Event Horizon member Piano-Knight's actions. I personally did not authorize them but I do understand Piano-Knight's desire for revenge on a server that he was unjustly thrown off of.

But in the true Event Horizon fashion I will leave EH's Overall Position and feelings about Starbits.

Sic Semper Tyrannis Ad Mortem

EDIT: In regards to "The Brick is Dead Long Live the Brick" I find the quote absolutely iconic and hilarious for EH. We have adopted the phrase as a personal motto even though we're striving to change our build style. In short. That's funny we're stealing it.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.