STAR WARS is coming. Why not a SM/SW Xmas?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    LONG AGO
    IN A SQUARE GALAXY FAR FAR AWAY

Ok I am sure we all know that the new Star Wars is coming for Xmas 2015.

What an excellent opportunity for StarMade (SM)....

Perhaps time for SM to perhaps pull it's socks up and brave the world???
    Beta???
    An actual release upon the world???
    Some Star Wars fun on SM at Xmas???

Plenty of opportunities to be had.

Death Stars
    X Wings
    Tie Fighters

ooooo the goosebumps.......
    Let the Battles commence....

Cue Star Wars music......

Reactions: jayman38
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    I was questioning that too, i thought after one day a mod would have moved it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I thought it was the correct place because it was a suggestion.
    But general discussion fits just as well as it it likely to fall into obscurity anyway.

Does anyone know what the client base is for StarMade?

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    The client base? You mean what the client is based on or what it was written in?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    No, I mean, how many people play this game.
    I know we are all protective of it, because it really is a great game, but how many of as are actually playing?

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I represent a fair number of players who quietly play single player, mostly as builders.

I really like this idea, and think it could create a good underground buzz for the game.

I love the new YT-1930 design, love the one that was released on community content, and designed my own interpretation, which I will build after my current two projects.

If we could get a Star-Wars themed StarMade trailer made before the movie release, we might get it played at smaller theaters. (If not at that movie, maybe at others; we could say it might make other movie-goers hungry to watch Star Wars - more revenue for the theater if it works.) Some of the trailers for this game have been that good!

Such a StarMade trailer wouldn't have to be limited to canon designs. Yes, you'll want to use canon designs at the beginning, but then have a scene at the end with Star-Wars-inspired original creations for that extra thrill, to illustrate how you can build your own ships in the game.

Even if you can't get it playing in the theaters with the new movie, there will be a few small houses that might try to play an older Star Wars movie in celebration of the new one, and they might be more open to such a trailer. In either case, we might need to start some sort of promotional fund (maybe Kickstarter?) to pay to have the trailer shown. Money talks.

The biggest threat is not a lack of enthusiasm from the community, but rather a Disney Cease-And-Desist order. A lot of potential enthusiasts who would otherwise promote this project will probably just sit on the sidelines to see if the lawyers kill it. Not worth trying, if that happens.

This forces the question of a precedent: Has anyone ever been able to successfully cross-promote an unrelated product that used Disney-owned, unlicensed likenesses without any legal action from the big mouse?

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Disney better not screw up the new star wars movie. The music MUST be from a real orchestra. The sound in general, in fact, needs to be made with real things. No digital syntisizers. And everything needs to be stop motion models. No CGI walkers, thank you very much. And all of the lasers need to make super loud "PEW PEW" noises. And there has to be explosions. Lots of those. There also must not be any involvement of jar jar binks or any similar characters. And JJ abrams better not put any of his lensflare in.

Oh, and a good plot. I suppose that is important.