Star Trek wepons, tools, engins, and thrusters

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Now I know everybody has probably seen the deathstar core, But Star Trek Items would be better think about having Phazers to fire at ships or a warp drive that moves you from 1 sector to another in 1 second think about logging in some cords and your warp drive takes you there think about your navigation remembering every second you have been there Think about using impulse engines witch go from 0 to 100 and you decide what speed you go at that what I think should be in the game.

Phazers would be better than antimatter cannons and fire like a salvage beam. Warp drive would be Powered by Warp Engines and go at a speed of 15000. certain plants would be inhabited. The navigation computer would remember every sector and what in it. Photon torpedoes would need to be locked on but destroy shields instantly. Scanners would determine if you could survive on a planate without a space suit. you could leave your ship in orbit and beam down to a plants surface instead of trying to keep it from staying on the planate surface.

I am open to any suggestions concerning an update with themes Items Installed

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    The issue is copyright as well as this isn\'t a star wars nor star trek game and it will lose it\'s originality if it really does either.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    None of these ideas are restricted to Star Trek, but I can see your point to a degree.

Though I think the travel speed you suggest is excessive, some kind of warp would be good, but as I have previously suggested, it should be limited to previously mapped out space (for instance, somewhere that you have been and placed a warp marker).

The reason something like this is required, is that infinite warping would ruin the way the game works in terms of exploration. You could systematically warp to every single sector that way, and it would be pointless.

Some kind of recharge on warp drives should also be implemented, meaning you cant just instantly use it to warp away from trouble, because that would be exploitable. (warping whilst not recharged should come with a penalty, i.e. partial destruction, if implemented at all).

Also, phasers as you put it, which is simply a phase shifting laser, should just be called lasers, and implemented similarly to docking and salvage beams. Anti matter weapons shouldnt be removed however.

Planetary scanners could be useful at some point I guess, if danger is going to be a part of the game.

Aside from this, I would like to point out how star trek isnt the answer to everything, and while I much prefer star wars, I can see the use of some of these elements. I want to see a full death star base first though.

Edit: no real copyright issues, because the idea of warping and phasers isnt restricted to a franchise.

Reaction score
    Warp drives and automatic navigation would be great. Also a computer keeping records would be nice. The rest of this I don\'t see the point of. I like BasicPaul\'s additions to your ideas.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    of there being warp, and said navegation, the game does already have a deatailed map of planets and stations so perhaps it could be implemented(and only to prediscoverd sectors)

i also agree whit the lazer thing, we need a proper waepon that is constand like a salvage beam, perhaps it could be waek against shield and strong to blocks and then maybe(just throwing it out there) have the canons be strong to shield(or otherwise, and maybe), now i know we have missle\'s that are good against blocks, its just sugestion.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Im in agreement with most of what you guys have said, but heres my two cents:

-a beam laser would be fantastic. Hands down. Would add a whole new level of combat.

-perhaps a way to edit the docking and turret docking space to enable more creativity in spacing large revolving boom-boom sticks.

- teleport (i.e star trek transporters) would take the fun out of landing if you ask me.

-a warp drive and a map thats builds as you go along would be nice, but limits such as recharge time would be necessary.

- a way to maintain a speed rather than constant acceleration to 50 km/h

- some sort of console that allows you to manage power consumption (divert all power to shields!) and select what percentage of the power supply each system gets (engines 65%, shields 15% weapons 20% , etc.)

- a ladder. And chairs! (Eh, maybe chairs are a bit over the top.)

well, thats all I got. I feel this would attract more trekkies but at the same time maintain originality. I\'d love to hear your thoughts.

Reaction score
    hey guys, I recently made a post with similer things in it.

and a whole bunch of other things! it\'s a long read, but ere you go :)

http://star-made.org/content/few-ideas-characters-ships-and-personal-weapons