Star Citizen ship replicas: Aegis Dynamics Gladius RELEASED

What ship should I work on after the 300i?

• Anvil Aerospace Hornet

Votes: 5 26.3%
    • Aegis Dynamics Gladius

Votes: 5 26.3%
    • Origin M50

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    It's been a while since I wanted to build some Star Citizen ship replicas, and today is the day I decided to build something.

Now, let's get to the good stuff.

RSI Aurora

The first ship that I built is the RSI Aurora. It is the starter ship in Star Citizen, and is only 18 meters long, making it hard to replicate. I did my best, however and this is what I came up with: all five variants (CL, MR, ES, LX and LN left to right) of the ship. They are not only varied by the paintjob, but also on the shape and stats: you can see the huge hydrogen scoop on the Aurora LN (Legionnaire, right-most ship), the Aurora CL (Clipper) has double the cargo, and so on. The top turned out quite flat, but there wasn't very much I could do about it. All ships have functioning landing gear and jumpdrives (which take a long time to charge due to very low power output).

More pics: http://imgur.com/a/N0N6w#7
    The original ship:

DOWNLOAD (5in1):
    http://starmadedock.net/content/star-citizen-rsi-aurora-es-mr-cl-lx-ln-5-in-1.1808/

Origin 300 series

Next, I've started working on the 300i. The ship was slightly easier to reproduce, because it is bigger (24 meters compared to 18m long Aurora). All ships of 300 series feature jumpdrive, rapid-fire cannons, retractable landing gear and 2 storage blocks and are 1:1 scale.

More pics: http://imgur.com/a/rlth2#0
    The original ship:

DOWNLOAD (4in1):
    http://starmadedock.net/content/star-citizen-origin-300-series-300i-315p-325a-350r-4-in-1.1811/

Origin M50

I thought building the Aurora was hard. I was wrong. The M50 was even smaller then I thought. I was predicting it to be 15-20m long, but it turns out it's just 11m long. Nonetheless, I did my best. The result turned out quite okay while keeping the 1:1 scale. Download coming soon. Pics:

Original ship:

DOWNLOAD:
    http://starmadedock.net/content/star-citizen-origin-m50.1815/

Last edited:

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I made a hornet a few weeks ago :D
    I noticed :p very nice. When I'll build mine, there will be an actual turret on the top, though it'll have no shields.

By the way, the poll will close once I'll complete 300i's variants. After that I'll put another ship in the winner's place so that therw are always ships to choose from.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I used this as inspiration for one of my old ships.

I have no idea if they ever put that ship in the game but it really is a very nice ship.
    I took the engines, the cockpit, and the wing from the design and turned it into something of my own.
    Sorry for showing off stuff I made :p

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I used this as inspiration for one of my old ships.

I have no idea if they ever put that ship in the game but it really is a very nice ship.
    I took the engines, the cockpit, and the wing from the design and turned it into something of my own.
    Sorry for showing off stuff I made :p
    Aaaah, that's the Drake Interstellar Caterpillar. They are going to put that into the game at some point. Your ship is very cool too.

Reactions: Nauvran

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    The Auroras have been uploaded and now pending approval, they should be ready in a few minutes. Get them while they're hot! I'll edit the links into the original post and upload the 300 series later today as well. Tommorow I'll get to work on the M50, because it seems like it will win the poll.
    http://starmadedock.net/content/star-citizen-rsi-aurora-es-mr-cl-lx-ln-5-in-1.1808/

EDIT I put them all into one package for convenience.

Last edited:

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Origin 300 series are done and available for download as soon as they're approved.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    These look pretty darn good given the limited ability to add detail vs keeping the size the same. I personally cannot wait to fly my Redeemer around in SC sometime in the future. Hmmmm, maybe a Redeemer build is in order for Starmade. I know what I am doing tonight!

Reactions: Mariux

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    These look pretty darn good given the limited ability to add detail vs keeping the size the same. I personally cannot wait to fly my Redeemer around in SC sometime in the future. Hmmmm, maybe a Redeemer build is in order for Starmade. I know what I am doing tonight!
    I guess it's just a matter of time until I get to work on the Redeemer. But now, the M50.

If anyone hasn't seen the trailer already, here ya go:

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Cute poll, now make the Freelancer series.
    :cool:o_O
    I want to build the fighters and small ships first. Once I'm done with them there will be a poll between freelancer/connie/redeemer

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I want to build the fighters and small ships first. Once I'm done with them there will be a poll between freelancer/connie/redeemer
    Request denied!
    :p
    Ok, but after that...
    FREELANCERS! :D

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    M50 finished and will be up soon :)[DOUBLEPOST=1418151691,1418150314][/DOUBLEPOST]Darn, can't edit the poll...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Well, I didn't do it that night but I did finally get around to making a Redeemer like ship... sort of...

At the very least it is the same size as a Redeemer.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Well, I didn't do it that night but I did finally get around to making a Redeemer like ship... sort of...

At the very least it is the same size as a Redeemer.
    It's pretty good to be honest...