ST Defiant WIP

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    Edit: most recent ver here.

One of many Trekkie geeks making a defiant build. I hope to include a bunch of features.

Current build has a bunch of copy-paste garbage hanging off it while I work. Do tell me what you think. If you download it and have some good interior reworks, upload it back here and let me see what you've done.

Attachments

Last edited:

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    So, Continuing some work in my offtime today. I decided all the logic systems in the ship need a bit of a tutorial.
    While I do eventually plan to compile a short "users manual" for any dock submission of the ship, I figured most users would just get "down and dirty." As such I've decided to use some of the earmarked "meeting rooms" of the interior as case-specific logic tutorials for the systems installed in the ship.
    The easy one was the door logic tutorial room.
    starmade-screenshot-0030.png
    The less easy one is proving to be the drone rail load/unload system. Turns out it's been so long even *I* forgot exactly how it works! That combined with all the displays that SHOULD have notes on them for exactly this scenario showing [No Data]...Yay! let's reverse-engineer!
    starmade-screenshot-0032.png
    I suspect the displays got cleared somewhere between old-power and sys 2.0 updates. Oh well. maybe I'll luck out and find an old archived copy that still has it's notes. otherwise...I may just end up rebuilding the whole system from scratch even though it "works" as-is. ANNOYING. I rebuilt the door system from plex to rails already, so not TOO big of a deal.

One thing a rebuild has in it's favor: I'd end up using 1/6 to 1/10 as many activator blocks thanks to the new C->v from rails directly!

For now, I've put notes down on the reverse-engineer of the rails. PLEASE get back to me if you check this out, I really want to know how clear/unclear it is to you, someone who did NOT build the thing!

I'm digging around in some old backups for an "easier to install and connect" version I saved as a template....in some install...at sometime in the past couple years...in a version. Should be easy to find, right? If not, I dunno, who thinks it's worth rebuilding it it works as-is?

Attachments

Last edited:

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    Wow, that's huge! Can't wait to see it finished!
    ~301 x ~180 Y ~399 Z
    I say ~ because the various pickup rails, and copy paste bits make the size indicator top left unreliable.

I guesstimate final mass ~170k, but that's just the ballpark as it's currently sitting at 126k. Things are going to change now that I can't use Scaffold for low-mass syshp padding like I was when I first designed it. I'm going to miss being able to fly the thing through a star at 1/4 speed and not overheating after 2 passes. Who knows, might be I'll still be able to do that. Another test that can wait a bit. Be nice if scaffold and girders had 250BHP without an armor value, also slabs.
    starmade-screenshot-0035.png
    Probably going to remove/replace it with girder or darkgreybasic(I still want to be able to remove/replace those layers in the future easily) Since switching to basic would only add around 15-20k mass while drasticly increasing the ship's blockhp in hull (250BHP+armor value vs the 25+0 armor of girder/scaffold). Your thoughts? Probly going to need to double my thrusters XD Maybe I'll end up Remove/replace some of those scaffold with thruster blocks, since that kind of fine-tuning is why I buried them there in the first place.

For this update's purdy bits. Did some cleanup and logic troubleshooting on ONE of the droneracks (rear right). Still debating if I want to rewire it from 7-long spacing to 14-long or 21-long. 7-long is perfect for the mecha-drones I'm kinda fond of.
    starmade-screenshot-0042.png starmade-screenshot-0038.png

14/21 long would be for more trek-like worker-bees or shuttles and would need some extra logic connections/side. What's your opinion?
    starmade-screenshot-0040.png
    Rear-left is blocked and decommed 'till I get around to Copy/cut/paste the "finished" side in symmetry to "fix" the logic that mysteriously disconnected and broke.
    starmade-screenshot-0044.png
    No uploaded.zip yet today. I'm going to spend time spawning and docking a bunch more door-entities (PLZ schema let me "create docking" from blueprint and just scroll-wheel through dockers on the spawned-entity sometime soon. Plz? Cherries on top?) I might upload a zip tonight once I finish that. Otherwise in a day or two once I've finished all the "turbolifts" I'm making with areatriggers and gravity-blocks.
    starmade-screenshot-0046.png

I kinda wish I Could make tubolifts on rails, but I can't think of a reliable way to pass-off allignment/gravity to let x/z axis movement be viable without training.

Oh I also did a bit more work on cargobay 1. Not sure if I'm happy with it. Any ideas from the crowd?
    starmade-screenshot-0048.png

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    And for today, I'm attacking an updated blueprint .zip

I've built gravity-tube /turbolifts to/from deck 1 (bridge) and deck 2(living quarters) and deck 3(logic tutorial rooms, main engeneering, hangarbay1 overlook). And docked a whole bunch of doors. I THINK every d0orway is currently operational.
    starmade-screenshot-0050.png starmade-screenshot-0052.png

Still have to:
    1. figure out which way I'm going to pipe down to deck 4 (cargobay, main hangar) from deck 1
    2. decide if it's worth it to connect deck 2 and 3, or if the nexus on deck1 is enough
    3. decide if deck 5 (rear dronebays) needs turbolift access, or if it's going to just have jeffres tubes and/or stairway off the back/side of the main hangar. I'm doubting there'll be much astro interaction with deck5 so...not really a priority?
    As always; download, explore, and tell me how I've screwed up, please. :) You'll prob need to login to see/download the .zip of the blueprint folder(ready to extract into starmade/blueprints) ----DEF-2018-08-03.zip.
    Today's version includes a small atmospheric shuttle in the main bay. (shown in above post#5 )
    Still digging around for the aerowing and federation fighter I'd made in the past but...no luck so far.

Bonus points to anyone that feels like doing some interior decorating for me in the various offices on deck 1, or helping to layout the living quarters and mess halls on deck 2.

Attachments

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    Started working on the "probe launchers" Front drone racks. Built myself a Scnazzy Salvage drone based off the "Type 9 Probe" From Star trek lore. ... and for some reason I can't get it to unload into the main ship's cargo bay? What gives? How am I doing it wrong? is it interacting strangely with speed controllers? Oh starmade, you so glitchy.

Either way. Here's a probe. It has max turning/antigrav mobility, and max salvage bonus.

Edit: AHA! I had to set permissions on the probe! I wonder if that permission will save? Answer: no that does not save, you have to set it manually every time you spawn it. BOOOO

Ore for the Ore God!

Attachments

Last edited: