Spotlight (Directional Light Block)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    It would be nice to have a spotlight on a small utility ship, so that I can inspect dark areas better. I find myself rotating towards a star when building with black armour. The light mode does not always work so well.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    So much yes.

and for lightne mode, there is a mod by BearishMushroom called Lighter Lighten mode that makes it worth while

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    There are a lot of builds that need light farther away or in only one direction. A spotlight would be perfect. I'd use it for directed exterior hull lighting for one.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I think the problem with that is light from an entity does not apply to lighting up another entity (with blocks at least). The game as it stands would need to have an overhaul as to how lighting works, it's the same reason we don't have flash lights.

Spotlights would be great though, especially if their light traveled farther than the standard light blocks. I've got a station with a massive interior that just can't be lighted from above because of the limit that light travels. Plus, making a dry dock with spotlights would make everything better. Imagine spotlights in conjunction with the rail system. Lighter Lighten is a great solution for now, but even with that I like to put some light blocks down in addition to that for maximum clarity.

Last edited:
    Reactions: CyberTao