Speaker/"Boombox" Block

Asvarduil

Builder of Very Small Ships
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    StarMade is a very atmospheric game, that I enjoy greatly. That said, I find the lack of music disturbing.

To remedy this lack of aural stimulation in this space simulation, I suggest the legendary Boom Block.

Code:
    Boom Block
    HP: 50
    Armor: 0%

"Plays a sound that nearby astronauts can hear.  Press R near the block to choose what track plays, at what volume the track plays, and whether or not the sound loops."
    The uses for this are myriad. You* can have a space-jukebox on your cantina station. You* can set up a proximity alert. You* can troll people with Rick Astley. Making this block respond to wire logic is a necessity to get the maximum bang.wav for your buck.

*: By "You" I mean either the user in single-player mode, or the server admin in multiplayer. Letting random people play whatever music they want on any boombox they want is a recipe for irritation.

Reactions: NeonSturm

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    This would be nice to have but I seriously doubt we will get a block like this before proper sounds are introduced, like background music and such.