Spawning Ships bug

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello

I have found this bug were i cannot spawn in any of my ships. The Blue ship box appears for a few seconds then is gone. I have searched other areas for the ship ant it is never there. Does anyone know of the fix to this?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    As a matter of fact I do. You just need to write a software patch that implements proper ship purchasing.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    There are a few tutorials out there about how to fix this, none worked for me. However, I tried screwing around with file names and I\'ve gotten it to work for me.

Go into starmade directory, then blueprints, then the blueprint folder of the non-working ship. Copy the name of the non-working ship (In my case \"Stargazer\" without the quotation marks).

Now enter the \"data\" folder. There will be one file, maybe two. It will probably look like someone mashed the keyboard for the name.

Rename this buttonmash crap to the name of your ship, but keep the ending (Example: \"alsjdflasdfasdlfj.0.0.0\" but you want to keep the .0.0.0 or whatever the ending is).

I renamed \"alsjdflasjdasldfjas.0.0.0\" to \"Stargazer.0.0.0\" and it started working for me. Some of the tutorials on how to fix this want you to add \"ENTITY_SHIP_\" before the ship name, but this didn\'t work for me.

Reaction score
    Aryl, your method crashes my game.

Edit: Herp, I dumb. I forgot to leave the .0.0.0 on the end of the file name. Works like a charm when I use ENTITY_SHIP_(ship name).0.0.0.smd2

Reaction score
    It is nothing wrong with his method. I have done it on all my blueprints and it works.