Spawned ships not loading anti-missile turret AI set to on?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    I have just discovered that while I save a ship with it's PD turrets AI set to on, when I spawn in the same ship, the PD turret's AI is off. Is this a bug or a feature (for some bizarre reason)? Is this situation known, is it intended to be fixed?

It is quite vexing as I just made my first ever upload to community content, and it features PD turrets on a ship intended to be used as a pirate. But if the PD turrets are not working, and they are not, then much of the point of this design is lost.

Is there something I can do to cause the PD turrets on my pirate to work as intended?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I don't know if this in particular is planned to be changed any time soon, but the Ai modules are indeed at default settings when spawned.

NPC ships (also pirates too) at least have active AI. (Not sure, but i think they also work without AI-module in that case).
    Though PD-turrets don't do exactly what they are supposed to.

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I'm not sure in which version it changed, but PD turrets used to stay in whatever state they were in when the blueprint got saved. I'm pretty sure remembering to go to all my PD turrets to make sure they were active before I saved the BP. But now I just checked, and none of the ships that I know had PD enabled are admin loading with the turrets active.

Hopefully it's a bug that will be fixed soon.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    Yea, I checked that the turrets were active before saving, then checked again, and later checked once more. This is definitely a load problem, not a user error during save.

I regret posting this thread to general discussion as opposed to support. I'd like to know if this is a known bug.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Yep noticed this too. This better be a bug that will be fixed and not some feature. >_>