SPACE STATION SAVE

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi, everybody! I want to offer one idea. Namely opportunity to keep the space stations (as the ships).poty that is very offensive when you for weeks build this station and suddenly the server close or still something.

For stations there can be a separate catalog. Or it is possible to keep everything in one.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    No. We had enough troubles having gigantic ships being spawned. Stations are overkill, and you don\'t really have that much to place on them in the first place, just docking bays and single factory. Simply build a station that feeds your basic needs until you\'re sure that server seems promising enough to expand. Personally I just play on 3-4 servers at the same time and never take more than 16 hours building a station.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I must agree. And also, if this were implemented, where would the station spawn? Right there, next to the shop?

Now, let me anticipate a response, and answer it:

\"Why, there will be a setting allowing you to choose coordinates\"

Well, currently there\'s only one set of coordinates which can be easily accessed in-game, and that\'s the sector coordinates. If you want your station to spawn randomly in a sector, then fine. I wouldn\'t recommend displaying exact coordinates per sector on the player screen, that would just be confusing. That brings me to the next problem: It is NOT a good idea to let people spawn a space station in any sector, especially at a random point. No. Just no. People could happily just spam a sector with stations that are nothing but massive weapons platforms, effectively making it unusable for anyone else.

If you want it to just spawn at the shop, think for a moment about the mess that will create.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    Admins can use the Sector Export Command. If you run a server you can already save your stations using this.

You copy the sector to another server and import it with another Admin Command.

This is how it should be. If you are not running the server on which you wish to save your station, you should ask the Admin of that server nicely so send the file to you.

As you can spawn a sector filled with ships in a second, it is good Admins have control over this. Players should not be able to do it without Admin rights.